• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few questions about Tarantula's

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
G1suOf5.jpg

Feeding Time!
My Rosea has live eaten 2 pinhead crickets and a fairly large roach since I got her/him.

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
My G. Pulchapes has buried itself. It's a 1.5cm sling and I've seen it eat once since I got it on 19/7/2019. Is it molting? I'm not gonna go digging around, but it literally made a burrow in the first week I had it, now it's sealed off that burrow. How will it get water?

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Glad they're doing ok :).

I had 3 pulchripes and they burrowed when small and I rarely saw. Once they get about 2" you'll always see it. It'll be fine while burrowed. As long as it has a dish it'll get a drink when it needs to :)
awesome, this little guy needs to growww

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
My B. Albipolosum is freaking awesome.
He dug a V shaped tunnel. Took a roach down there and this morning he threw out the rest of the roach (which was a bit fluffy/moldy).
did it all himself
I like this one

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
I received the wrong spider?

So, I was expecting my E. Camp to come today, but when I opened the packaging the container said minax. Not knowing what this is I quickly googled it, but the results were inconclusive - couldn't really find anything specific.

So I 'probably bad idea' opened it. It was very well packaged. So there's a spider in there, but it definitely isn't an E Camp and it definitely isn't 3cm either, maybe 2cm max. I didn't know what to do with it, I mean I already opened the packaging.
SqWc2ZU.jpg

I decided to put it in my E Camp's enclosure and it seemed kinda stressed out so I'm not sure if it needs a different kind of enclosure or what? It just sits there with it's feet bunched up.

Last edited:

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
So what do I do, should I keep it? Is this maybe some sort of secret rare tarantula or did I get scammed? I'm really not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, I'm just indifferent. I was initially like wtf where is my spider but now I'm kinda intruiged.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So what do I do, should I keep it? Is this maybe some sort of secret rare tarantula or did I get scammed? I'm really not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, I'm just indifferent. I was initially like wtf where is my spider but now I'm kinda intruiged.
Have you contacted the seller you bought the spider from? you should to find out exactly what you have :)
If it is a minax as the tub states -its a Cyriopragopus minax otherwise known as 'Thailand black' theses are a aggressive species by nature and obligate burrowers needing a deep sub in the enclosure-
I cannot tell from the picture of the sling if this is what you have I'm afraid?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Contact the seller like @ilovebrachys said and hopefully get your Campestratus. If you do decide to keep the minax be very careful with it and don't be complacent. They are very fast and very defensive/ aggressive

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Have you contacted the seller you bought the spider from? you should to find out exactly what you have :)
If it is a minax as the tub states -its a Cyriopragopus minax otherwise known as 'Thailand black' theses are a aggressive species by nature and obligate burrowers needing a deep sub in the enclosure-
I cannot tell from the picture of the sling if this is what you have I'm afraid?
The seller told me I should keep the T, return shipping one spider that's already been opened isn't any sense for a newbie like me.
There is a lot of substrate in this enclosure as I was prepping it for a 3cm T and this one is a 2~cm.
So I found Exotics Lair has a Thailand Black and it seems aggressive but not so bolty. I'm gonna try and feed it today.
Is this T very venomous to keep with that aggressive nature?

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Contact the seller like @ilovebrachys said and hopefully get your Campestratus. If you do decide to keep the minax be very careful with it and don't be complacent. They are very fast and very defensive/ aggressive
I will try my best here. I've already decided when I get an Old WOrld I will be extra careful, but I didn't plan to get one so soon.

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
So I decided against getting the E Camp. I currently have;
3x Vagans
1x Albipolosum
1x Pulchripes
1x L Klugi
1x Nhandu C.
1x Smithi
1x G. Rosea
1x Minax

So I'm just afraid of getting overwhelmed, this was supposed to be my last sling for a while. The seller said I can get free shipping of my original order whenever I am ready.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The seller told me I should keep the T, return shipping one spider that's already been opened isn't any sense for a newbie like me.
There is a lot of substrate in this enclosure as I was prepping it for a 3cm T and this one is a 2~cm.
So I found Exotics Lair has a Thailand Black and it seems aggressive but not so bolty. I'm gonna try and feed it today.
Is this T very venomous to keep with that aggressive nature?
Yes the minax like most Asian species has potent venom - these are not recommended for beginners but as you have unexpectedly found yourself with one it is recommended to handle with great care
Each T is different so always be prepared in case they do bolt because they can all have an off day:)

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Just did a routine feeding of all my T's
Two of my Vagans life fed, and these vagans are tiny like omg tiny. One even took it from the tongs. I tried to put a roach in front of him and bam took it off the tongs rip roach.
The other pounces on that roach as soon as he dropped in.
G. Rosea has a veracious appetite, put a roach that was a bit too big in and she caught him, and walked up the side of her enclosure's walls so his feet couldn't reach the substrate (i assume).
Little Minax here on the other hand moved out his burrow a bit when I threw the roach in, but after that he ran back in like he was scared. It's ok, I'll kill the roach and you can eat when ready.

On the other hand, my Pulchipes sling is still burried somewhere
and my Smithi and L Klugi haven't eaten since I got them.

nedaK

So I decided against getting the E Camp. I currently have;
3x Vagans
1x Albipolosum
1x Pulchripes
1x L Klugi
1x Nhandu C.
1x Smithi
1x G. Rosea
1x Minax

So I'm just afraid of getting overwhelmed, this was supposed to be my last sling for a while. The seller said I can get free shipping of my original order whenever I am ready.
Does Nhandu C stand for Nhandu chromatus, coloratovillosis, or carapoensis?

Latest posts