• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few questions about Tarantula's

Tschorm

Hy guys, bought 2 days ago a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens female and today she is allready laying down on her back and ready to molt, what is great can´t wait to see her freshly moltet, but she was looking kinda skinny her abdomen was just as big as her carapax I would say, will be probably a lot smaller after she moltet and than I have to wait to feed her, so my question is, is it fine to feed her when her fangs are all black or still wait a little longer to be sure that they are hardend up completly doesnt know at what point it becomes dangerous, keep mine normaly well feed =/ DLS is about 8-10cm like she is laying down spread out, kan make a picturer after she is done molting maybe its looking fine I don´t know just wanted to be safe than sorry =)

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She will be hungry but water is more important. Make sure she has some available and don't rush to feed. Given her size it won't take as long as a week to harden but if you wait for the week anyway just to be safe she'll be fine

Tschorm

Okay, her abdomen hasnt shrinked that much like by my Brachypelma Auratum after her molt, she was really fat premolt and now looking normal after it, she will be fine with 1/2 weeks without food, she has water but should get some bigger waterdishes, the ones I have are getting a little small I guess they have 3-4 cm and are 5mm deep, guess my Chromatoplema sling also wants to molt oO Everything is molting here within one week, well guess the chrickets gonne live a happy life in peace for now xD

Here is a Pic off her, still a little clampt up in that corner but she hadnt any trouble moulting, good that everything worked out great even with all the stress from transport and rehousing it was really a suprise to find her today ready to molt. She had a little bold spott but was not looking like it, maybe because her hairs are orange, with the Auratum you could really tell that she was going to molt soon her abdomen got pitchblack oO

Attachments

• IMG_1608[1].JPG
    IMG_1608[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
I literally got this LP on 28/8 and now he molted my first molt!
wow hes blue
Must have happened while I was at work this morning he was walking about
It was hot too today 28 degrees Celsius shame little guy

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
congratulations on your first moult. Even thou it appears blue it's effectively translucent and will get darker as it's exo skeleton hardens.
Wow, thought it was weird, fricken blue spider wow.
He almost glows. Amazing wish I could have seen it molt.

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Okay, her abdomen hasnt shrinked that much like by my Brachypelma Auratum after her molt, she was really fat premolt and now looking normal after it, she will be fine with 1/2 weeks without food, she has water but should get some bigger waterdishes, the ones I have are getting a little small I guess they have 3-4 cm and are 5mm deep, guess my Chromatoplema sling also wants to molt oO Everything is molting here within one week, well guess the chrickets gonne live a happy life in peace for now xD

Here is a Pic off her, still a little clampt up in that corner but she hadnt any trouble moulting, good that everything worked out great even with all the stress from transport and rehousing it was really a suprise to find her today ready to molt. She had a little bold spott but was not looking like it, maybe because her hairs are orange, with the Auratum you could really tell that she was going to molt soon her abdomen got pitchblack oO
Big beautiful spider you have there

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Congrats! I knew someone's new LP would moult before mine, and it was neck to neck with you and @SikmT7 !!! :p:D Im not surprised as it looked ready to pop in the picture you put up. Mine is still a stubborn 1cm.
However, I'm happy to report that at least 1 of my new T's has graced me with a moult, I've also got 1 Brachy albo totally sealed into a burrow last few days so who knows, may get another!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats! I knew someone's new LP would moult before mine, and it was neck to neck with you and @SikmT7 !!! :p:D Im not surprised as it looked ready to pop in the picture you put up. Mine is still a stubborn 1cm.
However, I'm happy to report that at least 1 of my new T's has graced me with a moult, I've also got 1 Brachy albo totally sealed into a burrow last few days so who knows, may get another!
@Jess S Thank you! I just checked on my lil one before and her abdomen looks like a shiny balloon ready to pop so she's almost there! :D Congrats on your other molt! Your Brachy sealed itself in the burrow which usually indicates a preeminent molt, my A moderatum always does that when she is in pre molt, so you got another molt on the way shortly! I just got another L parahybana sling today and this one is not quite ready to molt yet, maybe after about 4 pin head crickets. This one is much skinnier than the one I got last week and more skittish. Looking forward to seeing your molt soon! :D

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I guarantee your LP No 1 will soon moult! Can't believe you got another!! Where the heck are you going to put the adult enclosures lol. Hopefully both will turn out to be female! That would be amazing. I rehoused mine out of desperation 2 days ago. Now it looks even smaller haha

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I guarantee your LP No 1 will soon moult! Can't believe you got another!! Where the heck are you going to put the adult enclosures lol. Hopefully both will turn out to be female! That would be amazing. I rehoused mine out of desperation 2 days ago. Now it looks even smaller haha
@Jess S Thankfully I have a big enough room to accommodate :D. Yes, I am praying that both will be females, that would be quite exceptional! It's cool to rehouse, it gives them more room to grow and it won't be too long before they do so! :eek:

AndrewClayton

My 6 inch LP is probably going to moult before ures lol

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
My Tripepii (floof) loves his enclosure. But he is very perceptive of me. I put his enclosure on my table and removed the lid. Left him for 10 minutes just to let him settle down in case the vibration disturbed him. But as soon as I even got close he threat postured and pointed himself at me. Found it a bit eerie lol because I was like 40cm away from him, how can he track me?
Anyways. He is a video of him. i was too slow to catch him eating the roach he caught it immediatly
giphy-downsized-large.gif

AndrewClayton

My Tripepii (floof) loves his enclosure. But he is very perceptive of me. I put his enclosure on my table and removed the lid. Left him for 10 minutes just to let him settle down in case the vibration disturbed him. But as soon as I even got close he threat postured and pointed himself at me. Found it a bit eerie lol because I was like 40cm away from him, how can he track me?
Anyways. He is a video of him. i was too slow to catch him eating the roach he caught it immediatly
All the little hairs on you’re Ts body are super sensitive so it will feel you getting closer

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow he was sizing you up! :eek:. Smart lil ones...

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
And another molt! My N.Chromatus
u9LalE2.jpg

This really surprised me, my N. Chroma wasn't really that big and his ass was black but not really as shiny as my L.P was. He just refused food for like 2 weeks and now he molted. He is huge. The difference in size he gained vs the size my L.P gained is actually significant. It's odd because his abdomen wasn't even that big and he only ate once in my care since I got him yet he is huge now