• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
Hi, I found this forum by accident and I am so glad I did. I just got my very first T (an Arizona Blonde named Barbara). I feel very grateful to have a place where there are others with the same interests as me. I have come here for advice and answers and have never been disappointed. Sometimes I just scroll through the forums for hours! I hope to be apart of the community for a long time! Thank you!
Welcome!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, I found this forum by accident and I am so glad I did. I just got my very first T (an Arizona Blonde named Barbara). I feel very grateful to have a place where there are others with the same interests as me. I have come here for advice and answers and have never been disappointed. Sometimes I just scroll through the forums for hours! I hope to be apart of the community for a long time! Thank you!
Welcome and show us your Barbara :T:
(in a new thread)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello! My name is Jesse and I'm fairly new to the tarantula hobby. I've had my Aphonopelma chalcodes for about a year and a half, and I recently acquired some tarantula slings. In total, I have 9 tarantulas in total and I'm looking to learn as much as I can.

Background on me, for the first 30+ years of my life I was deathly afraid of spiders, but Lucas helped me get over that. After enjoying those videos, Youtube decided to recommend me tarantula videos, and like watching a car crash I couldn't look away. Then I slowly started to come around to their beauty, which led me to get my first tarantula. I now own 9 tarantulas and 9 jumping spiders and my friends and family have no idea who I am anymore :D

I absolutely love this hobby, it brings me such joy :)
Welcome, Jess

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey everyone! I’m new to tarantulas. I was honestly freaked out by them until I broke down and let my son get one. Now I’m spending time researching and hunting down some for myself!

Thanks for the website!
Welcome to the forum/family :)
I am using my son as an excuse as well, I got you :cool:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey everyone! I’m new to tarantulas. I was honestly freaked out by them until I broke down and let my son get one. Now I’m spending time researching and hunting down some for myself!

Thanks for the website!
Welcome to our fabulous forum!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Thanks for the website!

Hello and welcome. :) You'd be surprised how many of us are recovering arachnophobes.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Thanks for the website!
Welcome to TF! You found a great place :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, I found this forum by accident and I am so glad I did. I just got my very first T (an Arizona Blonde named Barbara).

Hello & welcome to the forum & the hobby. My A chalcodes is called Hohokam, after the Ancient Sonoran desert people who also moved a lot of substrate to irrigate the desert.

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all,

My name is Teresa and I live in the PNW. I've been keeping technically since I was 8 (20 years ago) I started with a gifted G. rosea that I snuck into the house after a neighbor was moving and discarded it. I hid it from my mom for an entire year feeding it from found crickets outside.
Eventually my mom caught me and let me keep it. I named him Noodles. He (she) eventually passed when I turned 18. After many tears and sadness it lead me to start collecting a bit more seriously. So I'm not new to the hobby but newish to the forum and T groups alike. I thought I'd pop on and introduce myself before I begin posting somewhat regularly. (Although I'll have to get the hang of posting on a blog type situation)

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the chats.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all,

My name is Teresa and I live in the PNW. I've been keeping technically since I was 8 (20 years ago) I started with a gifted G. rosea that I snuck into the house after a neighbor was moving and discarded it. I hid it from my mom for an entire year feeding it from found crickets outside.
Eventually my mom caught me and let me keep it. I named him Noodles. He (she) eventually passed when I turned 18. After many tears and sadness it lead me to start collecting a bit more seriously. So I'm not new to the hobby but newish to the forum and T groups alike. I thought I'd pop on and introduce myself before I begin posting somewhat regularly. (Although I'll have to get the hang of posting on a blog type situation)

Hi and welcome to the forum/family Teresa. If Noodles was with you another 10 years, Noodles was definitely a She ;)

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Definitely. I just call all my babies in accordance to their name :)
I have a t albo Fem that I call "he" because his name is Gimili.
Same here, in French we say Une mygale (the name for a tarantula) which is a feminine word, so by default in french they are always females ;)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all,

Welcome to our forum/family!

Gimli the dwarf is welcome, too

Mygalomorphic

Hello everyone
I have been keeping tarantulas for several years so don’t qualify as new to the hobby. I have been... less than enthused with some other tarantula forums and groups and swore them off for awhile.
There is always more to learn and I enjoy discussing the hobby so I’m giving this a go again.
Lately I’ve become really interested in non-theraphosid mygalomorphs and am hoping to get more in my collection.
So far this seems like a friendly and supportive space and I look forward to chatting with everyone.