• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello everyone
I have been keeping tarantulas for several years so don’t qualify as new to the hobby. I have been... less than enthused with some other tarantula forums and groups and swore them off for awhile.
There is always more to learn and I enjoy discussing the hobby so I’m giving this a go again.
Lately I’ve become really interested in non-theraphosid mygalomorphs and am hoping to get more in my collection.
So far this seems like a friendly and supportive space and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
So far this forum is such an amazing space. Everyone is kind and genuinely just wants to see happy T’s and keepers. No pissing matches here

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello everyone
I have been keeping tarantulas for several years so don’t qualify as new to the hobby. I have been... less than enthused with some other tarantula forums and groups and swore them off for awhile.
There is always more to learn and I enjoy discussing the hobby so I’m giving this a go again.
Lately I’ve become really interested in non-theraphosid mygalomorphs and am hoping to get more in my collection.
So far this seems like a friendly and supportive space and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Welcome!
We have several keepers here focusing on more than just tarantulas.

We hope you enjoy your time here and we look forward to seeing your collection.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello all,

My name is Teresa and I live in the PNW. I've been keeping technically since I was 8 (20 years ago) I started with a gifted G. rosea that I snuck into the house after a neighbor was moving and discarded it. I hid it from my mom for an entire year feeding it from found crickets outside.
Eventually my mom caught me and let me keep it. I named him Noodles. He (she) eventually passed when I turned 18. After many tears and sadness it lead me to start collecting a bit more seriously. So I'm not new to the hobby but newish to the forum and T groups alike. I thought I'd pop on and introduce myself before I begin posting somewhat regularly. (Although I'll have to get the hang of posting on a blog type situation)

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the chats.
Welcome to TF, a good place to be!

spiderlover1

Hi.
I have a male platycryptus undatus and i am looking to get a GBB
download.png
Green-Bottle-Blue-Tarantula.jpg

BeardKing

Hey guys new to the forum started with my first T and ended up with 6 I’m sure this will be updated constantly nonetheless glad to be here and look forward to chatting with fellow T enthusiasts. Crazy to believe I started as an arachnophobe, never would I think in a trillion years I’d grow to love appreciate and just be totally blown away by these amazing creatures.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
You'd be amazed how many of us suffered arachnophobia before becoming addicted to Ts.

Gas1883

Hi everyone,
Newbie here to the TF, and to the ownership of a spider.
My names Rob and I'm from the UK.
I've purchased myself a Greenbottle Blue, currently 5cm.
I have a couple of questions if I am OK to add here?
Firstly, since putting her in her home, she has hid in the top corner, been there for 6 hours, is this normal?
Secondly, I added some crickets (Black) is this OK, I noticed about 5 have dropped in, should I be worried they may attack her if she makes no effort to eat.
Thanks Rob.

Attachments

• 20210706_155532.jpg
    20210706_155532.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210706_115955_513.jpg
    IMG_20210706_115955_513.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 12

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Rob, welcome to the hobby. :)
It can take them a while to settle into a new home so don't worry about that but if it hasn't eaten within 24 hours it would be good idea to remove the crickets.

Gas1883

Hello Rob, welcome to the hobby. :)
It can take them a while to settle into a new home so don't worry about that but if it hasn't eaten within 24 hours it would be good idea to remove the crickets.
Thank you, owning a tarantula is completely new to me, recently separated after 23 years of marriage, so wanted a hobby that would take me well out of my comfort zone, and just take my mind off all the negative thoughts I have. I definitely know now, I've got no chance of her having me back .
Thank you for the reassuring words, that's good to know.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you, owning a tarantula is completely new to me, recently separated after 23 years of marriage, so wanted a hobby that would take me well out of my comfort zone, and just take my mind off all the negative thoughts I have. I definitely know now, I've got no chance of her having me back .
Thank you for the reassuring words, that's good to know.

I'm sure this one will be the first of many.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi everyone,
I've purchased myself a Greenbottle Blue, currently 5cm.
I have a couple of questions if I am OK to add here?
Firstly, since putting her in her home, she has hid in the top corner, been there for 6 hours, is this normal?
Secondly, I added some crickets (Black) is this OK, I noticed about 5 have dropped in, should I be worried they may attack her if she makes no effort to eat.
Thanks Rob.
Welcome aboard, sir!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi everyone,

Hello Rob & welcome to the forum & the hobby. I rehoused a small GBB of my own this afternoon, it too is currently sitting at the top of the enclosure., in the corner between the lid & side.
With crickets, I tend not to feed more than 2 at a time, if they are small for the T. If they are eaten, I then add some more. But any uneaten crickets need removing after 24 hours, so not putting too many in at a time, makes the removal easier., if the T is not in an eating mood.

Not over feeding a T keeps them out in the open more. That is not an issue with GBB's, but with a pet hole it can be the difference between seeing it's legs at the holes entrance occasionally, or not seeing it at all.

AzTarant

Hi. New to the forum, re-entering the hobby after a few years. The emergence of YouTube has really take =n information sharing to the next level and I hope to have a lot of fun. From Tucson, Az.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi. New to the forum, re-entering the hobby after a few years. The emergence of YouTube has really take =n information sharing to the next level and I hope to have a lot of fun. From Tucson, Az.
Welcome to TF. A great place. Enjoy! :)

Latest posts