• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol. where r u sym? uk? i probaly say dork 20 times a day! lol The funnier thing is the actual definition of a dork. lol

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm in the Lake District ..uk
Haven't heard dork or jerk for years
Maybe the last time I heard those was when I used to watch home and away after school.

Sym

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol. thats funny. We dont say jerk alot but we sure do use the word dork on each other. my wife calls me that more often than i care to admit. lol I think it is weird the differences in words we use from uk to the usa...like calling a shopping cart a trolly and a flash light a torch. and stuff like that.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jelly - jello
Chips-crisps

Very strange how little things can make us laugh.. I've never been to America and I don't think I could sit on a plane for that long. Am a ground dweller humans shouldn't be in the sky lol

Maybe your wife's knows something u don't ;) lol

Sym

Viscus

3 Year Member
Yes, but ground dwellers often go for swims. Why not just swim the pond? lol.

One thing. Trouble's molt is attached to her bum. She is currently pulling it about. Should I do something?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
that doesn't sound good!
My concern there is if she/he catches it on something it could split :(
Could you somehow moisten it so it breaks free?

Sym
Let us know how u get in :)

Viscus

3 Year Member
Like.... how? Maybe with a cotten swob? is that all it needs it to be moist? I thought spiders should never come in contact it water like that.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah cotton bud. Don't get water on your T. Moisten the old skin and hopefully it will come loose.

Sym

Viscus

3 Year Member
My phone sucks for pics. It looks like dry skin is still attached, but I gently touched it with a cotten swob, and it moves her instead of pulling away.

Attachments

• 2015-03-07 12.58.36.jpg
    2015-03-07 12.58.36.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 21

Viscus

3 Year Member
Like it looks for the most part off..... Could I cut it, like where itconnects? Would the rest fall off over time?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jelly - jello
Chips-crisps

Very strange how little things can make us laugh.. I've never been to America and I don't think I could sit on a plane for that long. Am a ground dweller humans shouldn't be in the sky lol

Maybe your wife's knows something u don't ;) lol

Sym
Lol..it is the little things. lol

NYX

3 Year Member
@Viscus
You can try a tarantula ICU. Though I must say it has fallen out of favor with some of the hobbies veterans. It is a small container with moistened paper towel and a little extra warmth to kick up the humidity. I would ask some of the seasoned T keepers on here like @Martin Oosthuysen @Denny Dee @Poec54

Viscus

3 Year Member
http://animals.pawnation.com/pet-tarantulas-molting-injuries-1497.html
@Viscus
You can try a tarantula ICU. Though I must say it has fallen out of favor with some of the hobbies veterans. It is a small container with moistened paper towel and a little extra warmth to kick up the humidity. I would ask some of the seasoned T keepers on here like @Martin Oosthuysen @Denny Dee @Poec54

Finding that site, and using a cotten swob I brushed the molt, and raised the humidity from 50% to close to 70%. I placed her back on her heat pad, and now I shall wait. If nothing progresses I shall contact one of these members.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have never tried this procedure. The longest any of my T's have gone through a molt was about 36 hours. I just made sure the humidity was kept at the right level during that time and they did not require any special process. Wish I could have been of more help on this one. I did have a six-eyed sand struggle removing the molt off its front leg (when I went to remove it, imagine my surprise when it exploded from under the sand! :eek:).

Hopefully someone else has more experience in this department than I do? Good luck!

Viscus

3 Year Member
It has been about an hour since raising the humidity, and she has managed to pull more off. I shall keep an eye on her. >.< '