• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Viscus

3 Year Member
It has only been a month, for both, but Trouble has never just sat still. I check on them from time to time, and have them in as close to the right size encloser as I could find. She ieven has a nice little burrow I made for her where she hides her diry lol. She just seems to perfer going for walks.

Viscus

3 Year Member
Maybe. I get overly worried about them. I will be adding a A. versicolor to the worry list shortly. As soon as I find one.

Viscus

3 Year Member
How long after a molt should I wait to feed them? They are .5 inches at the moment. Burry is a bit bigger.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There you go, still a pipsqueak though, lol:
IMG_7057_zpsg6selbm2.jpg

NYX

3 Year Member
Came home to find, Luctreia the Lp, molted. I can not believe how much of the size diffrence this time around. Second photo is of the molt mat and the molt! :T:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

Viscus

3 Year Member
I am honestly amazed at how they do this. Like how can they even push off the old skin, and keep all that bulk inside?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the new skin is actually larger but a still plyable. when they shed the old skin the new stretches out and hardens. And it is pretty exhausting to them. It is very amazing.

NYX

3 Year Member
It truly is amazing they even shed their 'stomachs' when they molt. Spiders are so fascinating. Did you know T's brains are shaped like a five pointed star with a hole in the middles. Everything about arthropod physiology is so vastly different from our own and most other things that have evolved on this planet.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
toIt is! ive been reading everything i can get my hands on about arthropods. It is insane how weird their composition is! I mean compared to us....to them we r the weird ones. lol they sit around saying."how the hell do they grow and keep the same skin." lol

Viscus

3 Year Member
Don't forget about regeneration. That in itself is leaps and bonds different. the immunity to illness. Only parasites seem to affect them.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol. I dont know. zero. I am worried sick about spiders i dont even have yet. so...lol

Viscus

3 Year Member
TROUBLE JUST MOLTED!!!!! On the side note she decided not to use her burrow that she had webbed up to the point she can not even get into it. So she is off to the side of it.