• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

NYX

3 Year Member
I do not personally have any Brachepelma sp. but T's do reinforce there burrows with webbing. So I wouldnt worry about that. Pre molt can last a long period. My Gbb was in pre molt for atleast 2 months before it molted. Can you see if her abdomen is small?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg

Will try and sex tonight :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I do not personally have any Brachepelma sp. but T's do reinforce there burrows with webbing. So I wouldnt worry about that. Pre molt can last a long period. My Gbb was in pre molt for atleast 2 months before it molted. Can you see if her abdomen is small?
Hey NYX. :) Thanks for the info. Its opisthisoma looks pretty plump i guess. no different than when i got her. I can see her now sometimes cause she has a window dug for me to peek in. So no food or water for 2 months? wow that seems like a really long time.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Biting my nails here: Looks like my B. Boehmei sling is trying to flip over, it's lying half on its side with legs up in the air. I've never actually seen them flip, does anyone know how long it should take?
It also looks like my P. met sling is position itself in a webbed hammock, ready to molt (again). Knowing that one it'll be over before I get to see it, lol.
My LP sling looks pure black now, too, so I'm expecting it to go any day now.
They always seem to molt in 3s, lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, to quote myself "Knowing that one it'll be over before I get to see it, lol". I got back from my school run/dog walk and it's nearly all out. The Boehmei is still lying half on its side :(.

NYX

3 Year Member
My A.geniculata sling molted a month to the day from the last. Just waiting on the LP, Lucretia, to do its thing. Fingers crossed for you Fuzzball79!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All done! The Boehmei decided to molt on its side, that's why it never flipped. It's turning into a proper beauty. I tried to sex the molt but could get a proper look in, as my hands were shaky. It's just over an inch DLS so there's still time.
The P.met looks lovely, too, now, I'll try get a photo later.
IMG_7039%202_zps6pka1ygo.jpg

IMG_7040_zpsnuer1xrh.jpg

Beautiful little thing now, isn't it?
IMG_7036_zpsfbxzgs9f.jpg

IMG_7037_zpsufcij8cx.jpg

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice looking sling ! Starting to get some colour :)
I hope my B.Auratum sling shows colour soon ..

Sym

NYX

3 Year Member
I was never really into the brachepelma sp. however the Boehmei is really starting to grow on me. They are adorable slings too.

Viscus

3 Year Member
Hey guys. My Aphonopelma chalcodes (Burry) sling molted last night after 11 days sealed up underground. I have been worried this whole time, qnd took notic of the fact that Burry is missing a leg. After some reading I found it will grow back next molt, but is there anything I can do to ensure the next molt is easier?

Also my G. rosea (Trouble) sling just recently begqn refusing food, and is getting super dark. (12 days) Is this a sign of a second molt coming?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey guys. My Aphonopelma chalcodes (Burry) sling molted last night after 11 days sealed up underground. I have been worried this whole time, qnd took notic of the fact that Burry is missing a leg. After some reading I found it will grow back next molt, but is there anything I can do to ensure the next molt is easier?

Also my G. rosea (Trouble) sling just recently begqn refusing food, and is getting super dark. (12 days) Is this a sign of a second molt coming?
Viscus,

Just make sure next molt the little one has plenty of water and such....not much u can do other than that. also, i dont have a rosea but from what i hear they r notorious for fasts...again just keep the little guys comfortable....all u can do man. :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was never really into the brachepelma sp. however the Boehmei is really starting to grow on me. They are adorable slings too.
Also NYX My little simber is a b. smithi and she sits beside my computer and looks out the window. If she learns how to read u owe her an apology! lmao.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ON a side note....just to rant...I ordered a GBB it got shipped tuesday and the damn usps website has not updated since then. according to the site she is still sitting in anaheim CA! im going nuts. last time at this time the site showed the little one was in my home town by now.! OH YOUR GOD! im going nuts!

Viscus

3 Year Member
Viscus,

Just make sure next molt the little one has plenty of water and such....not much u can do other than that. also, i dont have a rosea but from what i hear they r notorious for fasts...again just keep the little guys comfortable....all u can do man. :)

Thank you. I try to lightly mist so they both always have a bit of water on one side of their enclosers. Trouble has been a unique one. Never stops moving, refuses to walk across plastic (several tests), perfers to play cat, and mouse with food, and ate enough to become nice and plump before refusing food. As far as I can tell Trouble's bum is starting to show a wierd looking design like abs, and has gone from the pink to a darker color.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well going from pink to a darker color is usually a sign that the excosekelton under the one she is wearing now is begining to harden. If i were to guess i would say a molt is coming. U also wanna be careful not to overfeed them it will make the molt a little more difficult if they are lardos. lol but all u can do is sit back and watch. i know it sucks im a worry wart myself with them. Freakin bugs! lol