• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Hakstone

3 Year Member
Thx sym and ghost. Didn't realize they died shortly after ultimate molt :( it's been around 3-4 months since then. Don't think he has much longer. Thx again.

LindaADK

3 Year Member
My rosie just finished molting and is still on her back, how long before she will be able to flip over. Her legs are just curled on top of her, she will occasionally stretch them out. I'm worried she isn't going to make it.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My rosie just finished molting and is still on her back, how long before she will be able to flip over. Her legs are just curled on top of her, she will occasionally stretch them out. I'm worried she isn't going to make it.
It can take quite a while before they flip over. Especially as adults molting takes quite a lot of energy. She has to regain strength and muscle control now (that's why she curls and stretches her legs).x

Viscus

3 Year Member
So I have a new one for this. I found a Rabidosa rabida (Rabid Wolf Spider) male in the house, and put it in an encloser to keep it safe from the cold. Well I noticed it had laid what looked to be a molt mat just yesterday. Well just hours ago he molted. Watching him he appears to now be destroying his old skin. Felix has been awesome, and when it warms up, or after his mature molt I plan to release him back into the wild.

Viscus

3 Year Member
Yesterday morning I awoke to find my favorite little tree spider had finaly molted. Fuzzball sure took his (assumed) time. I was not able to get any good pics of him as of yet.

Attachments

• 2015-03-30 07.43.00.jpg
    2015-03-30 07.43.00.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 15

Juzehh

3 Year Member
Our yesterday the day seemed to have no end.
Early in the morning I realized that Maria (my tarantula) was going through moulting ... so far nothing strange.
The problem was to return at lunchtime and evening and see her inda going through the process without notice drives, but with progress in changes ... around 8am pm I see it "standing" ... what a relief!
Still worried about my "child" because there was never taken so long, I realize that two of the legs on the left are malformed. These are good "dry" compared to the other six legs.
I confess that the delay thought she would not survive, because it is very old, this year will make 09 years with me, and while I was happy because she was a warrior ...
Now wait a few more days to see how it will react with disabilities in their paws, today it is not firm on them, and increase care.

Pardon the outburst, but the story, thank God, is not over.
And by translate translation.
If someone has passodo so and can help ... or if anyone read any care related material, please send the link ... I have not found anything!
I do not know if Maria will make another molt this year or next only because of the problems. : S

thanks for the attention.
hug

G-Johnson

3 Year Member
Hello everybody, just wondering if somebody could share some light on my situation.
Yesterday I got myself my first T (G Rosea) I'm wondering if she is in premolt? I'm unsure as I'm a noob lol :(..
Ive uploaded a photo within my album and also posted within another thread but with no joy of answers.
Shes got a slight bald patch on her abdomen which looks quite dark, it also looks quite flaky at times, her behaviour seems quite normal and she hasn't lost appetite as she ate yesterday?

Thanks, gina :)

Attachments

• Peaches.jpg
    Peaches.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 27

Viscus

3 Year Member
I have yet to see our adult G. rosea female go into premolt, however since I first came to this thread I have seen 7 molts back to back. The hairs missing are a sign, but that alone is not something to go by. It should slow down, and begin laying a good bit of web for the molt mat, and they may eat up to a few days before. They also get darker.

I have been taking careful notes of each T as they went into premolt just so I would be able to spot it. This is just what I noticed between an A. chalcodes, G. rosea, G. pulchra, B. smithi, Avic. avic, Rabidosa rabida, and another G. rosea adult.

....... Guys I think I may have a collecting problem lol.

Viscus

3 Year Member
After her molt last month Trouble lost a leg, and was limping about. This morning exactly 30 days later she began to molt again. Trouble 2.0 They rebuilt her. Made her faster, stronger, and better. Now to wait for Burry to start his molt, so his leg can come back.

Attachments

• 2015-04-04 12.26.05.jpg
    2015-04-04 12.26.05.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 21

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine is still eating and doesn't look like in premolt, but my GBB has not touched its prey for about 2 weeks, neither has the P. Met and the A. versi has built a secondary web going all the way to the ground, which she (fingers crossed for a girl) did last time before she molted.
I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for my Rosea. Although long periods of fasting are normal, she seems to be not her usual active self and hides a lot more. She doesn't tend to flick hair so doesn't really have a bald spot to notice colour changes.

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
Ok so this is the kind of thread of been searching for.. But can't see anything about the problem I seem to be having..

My guy is molting!! The first Time I've seen him since I've had him/her..

But the thing is he's doing it in such a tight spot and it DOSENT look like he will be able to move the exoskeleton ( I think that's what it's called) aside..

I really don't know what to do or think right bowbnn HELP!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
Thanks for replying back, I've been stressing out! I think he is out? I'm not sure.. It's so very tight in there I can't make out what's happening.. I can see his fangs are fully out.. If that helps..

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fingers crossed. I've got 8 Ts and still get a bit stressed when they molt - not so much with the slings, but with the subadults and juvies, especially with my A. versi, because I can't see it molting - but (I'm sure it was on this board) as someone wrote before "they know how to spider", lol.

Viscus

3 Year Member
Oh. Hope this helps @Jackie&fangs. Even if they are in a tight space (ergo a tunnel) they do not seem to have any trouble with molting. A burrowing specices will make the tunnel big enough to do what ever needs to be done, and will have made necessary modifications to the burrow.

Burry (A. Chalcodes) molted a few days ago. I didn't even know the little stinker was done until I saw the new leg.

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
Wow I had no idea!!!! Thanks for letting me know..

But the thing is he Literaly seems like he hasnt moved.. Is that normal?

This pic was takin around 3pm yesterday..
image.jpg

This pic is this morning.. 9am
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4