• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

NYX

3 Year Member
;)Congrats on the molt! Glad everything went well. I love watching the slings grow. With every molt they get more personality I feel.

NYX

3 Year Member
My little A geniculata molted! I see the molt pushed against wall of the enclosure in the burrow. Cant wait to see the size difference. Seems like our spiders are molting budies FuzZball :p

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My little A geniculata molted! I see the molt pushed against wall of the enclosure in the burrow. Cant wait to see the size difference. Seems like our spiders are molting budies FuzZball :p
I bet there's quite a big size difference. With my Gigas it almost seems like its legs doubled in length. Together with the colour change it's as if there's a completely different spider in there, lol.
It's funny: The shop I got my Genic from posted a video on facebook of one molting on the same day she did. A couple of hours later someone on the British Tarantula Society FB group posted photos of his Genic molting. Now yours has molted. It must be Geniculata molting week, lol.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bl@@dy heck! My P. metallica sling just molted in 30 minutes! It had been off its food for about 2 weeks +. I checked it about 30 minutes ago and it was webbing while hanging upside down. I just checked again and saw that there were more legs visible than a spider should have, lol. Then I spotted the molt hanging in the web. I thought my Gigas was fast, but that was just lightning!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_6586_zpsbd5a2c69.jpg

Oh, and my LP sling has finally molted. too. It's massive.... not:
IMG_6587_zps69fbf678.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fuzzy, u ever figure out if ur one T did loose a fang or not? get a good look at her underside yet?
She definitely only lost a bit of the tip of her fang. She's been out more looking for food and I was able to have a look. Both fangs are nice and black again, with the right one being slightly shorter.
I tried her on a Red Runner tonight and she had absolutely no problems grabbing and killing it. It's a relief!
Still getting used to those legs
IMG_6590_zps8fb3c5be.jpg

Having her dinner
IMG_6623_zps951a2b4c.jpg

All the little ones have recovered well, too. Their fangs have hardened so they all had their first postmolt meals as well. The T. Gigas grabbed it as soon as it hit the web, same as the GBB. The P. met is still looking for it, lol (cricket is hiding behind a mud pile). My LP sling has finally found its "killer instinct". It has now had 2 tiny LIVE crickets since molting and has managed to catch both, yay (feeling proud of my little Pipsqueak)!
My A. versi made a little appearance yesterday, going for a drink. It's looking very plump and shiny, so I expect a molt any day soon. Hopefully I'll be able to retrieve the molt to sex it. My Boehmei seems off its food, too, it half-heartedly chased the cricket, but then left it, so I took it out after a day. It will be another month or so though, knowing its premolt pattern by now, lol.

NYX

3 Year Member
My little A genic had its first live kill this week. How adorable! Two of my LP slings , Phobos and Deimos, molted a day apart. I noticed Phobos looks extra 'fuzzy' and bristly after this molt.
Glad your girl is ok and eating Fuzzball had ny fingers crossed for her.
My GBB male has yet to eat after his molt. Is it normal for males in ultimate molt to fast?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
Came in from work tonight to find my
G.Pulchra had moulted again last moult was on the 11th jan (2015)
:) Exactly a month today !! Lol

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The good news is, my A. Versi has molted and it all looks fine. He was actually boxing the tweezers when I took the molt out, lol. Bad news, it's very crumpled and crunched up (the molt, not the spider, lol) so I don't think I'll be able to smooth is enough to sex it.
I hope he comes out soon to show off his new colours and size.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There will be more molts. :) I havent seen my b. smithi since i got it...um....4 weeks ago now. sealed in the burrow. starting to think i need to open it up to see whats going on.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There will be more molts. :) I havent seen my b. smithi since i got it...um....4 weeks ago now. sealed in the burrow. starting to think i need to open it up to see whats going on.
It'll be fine and before you know it emerge in a new coat. I feel your pain though, having had the same with my Boehmei twice. It's about 2" + LS now and doesn't hide anymore.

I think my LP sling will molt again soon.

"Does my bum look big in this"
IMG_6761_zpscd4f8492.jpg

noahdamngood

3 Year Member
My G pulchripes finally molted. She has been stressing me out thinking something was wrong. It was such a relief to see her on her back the other night. I woke up the next morning, ran to her enclosure, saw that she was fine and started dancing. lol I've had two others molt in the time it took her, an N chromatus and a Hapalopus sp. columbia.

NYX

3 Year Member
image.jpg
image.jpg

It'll be fine and before you know it emerge in a new coat. I feel your pain though, having had the same with my Boehmei twice. It's about 2" + LS now and doesn't hide anymore.

I think my LP sling will molt again soon.

"Does my bum look big in this"
IMG_6761_zpscd4f8492.jpg

My first LP sling, Lucretia, is looking like it is getting some junk in the trunk as well. :p

Therasoid

3 Year Member

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424125724752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424125724752.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 19

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok ladies and gentlemen...

I have a few concerns. Ok...lol i only have 1 T as of yet. She is driving me crazy. b. smithi spiderling. I have had her for a month and a half. she has been sealed in her burrow the entire time. doesnt come out to drink or anything. i still havent fed her yet. i can only see her now because she has an opening at the side of the enclosure. it looks like it may colapse under the cork bark. she has it all dug out. I mean the bark isnt leaning or anything but i dont see alot holding it up. but if she is in premolt i dont wanna disturb her by trying to fix it and also is this starting to border on too long for her to be closed in without coming out? ...advise? or am i being paranoid?