• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all, I'm new to the forums as well as the hobby. I'm hailing from Gold Coast, Australia, so hopefully there are a few Aussies here that I can learn from.
Have had 3 slings for a little over a month now, Coremiocnemis Tropix, Selenotypus sp. Champagne Robustus, and a Phlogius sp. Sarina, and all have recently (last couple of days) had their first molts in my care. Only managed to catch a pic of one of them in the act (C. Tropix) as the other 2 were fairly hidden in their burrows giving me limited viewing, still waiting for one to emerge from the depths, but other 2 are out and showing off already.
Anyway, good to be here, hope to learn as I go.
Hi and welcome to TF :) some unique Ts you have there

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello! My name is Jen. I'm a brand new Tarantula mom, and I just got my first 7 slings today :) I started big! Lol I just signed up to this forum site and am still learning how to use it, so bare with me please.
Welcome! All you need to know, right here! :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, Noobie here . I'm live in Kent in the South East of England.. I had a Chilean rose for about 10 years but she gave up earlier this year after refusing to eat for a long time. . I now have a Mexican red leg.. My wife will not let me get more than one spider at a time .

Hello and welcome :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, Noobie here . I'm live in Kent in the South East of England.. I had a Chilean rose for about 10 years but she gave up earlier this year after refusing to eat for a long time. . I now have a Mexican red leg.. My wife will not let me get more than one spider at a time .
Hi and welcome to TF :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome all.

Yeah being from Australia, we don't have access to the beautifully coloured Ts you all have (which I envy) with import/export laws and all. Still, the browns, blacks, and greys with our old worlds are beautiful in their own way.
I watched a documentary about Australia recently and they showed the newly discovered diving spiders.... is that is one spider I would love to have. set up a viewing point in a.lege converted fish tank and then flood the hide to see it do its thing. Looks metallic with the air bubble they create to stay under water. very cool.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
here is a pic of said diving tarantula
10432648-3x2-xlarge (1).jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome...looks like your only going to have one spider then for the next 30 years...unless it's a male.;):D

Latest posts