• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi I’m Teri, I’m new on here and new to the hobby. I currently have 4 T’s and have three more coming. There is a neighbor who introduced me to the hobby and goes on expos up and down the coast. I thought I’d try my hand at some macro photography! Hope you enjoy! Glad to be here.View attachment 38557
Welcome to our forum. You will like it here. :)

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Hey, Vlad, There's a guy on Youtube with a channel called The Dark Den. He has tons of videos of his tarantulas, which must number in the dozens. He lives in Romania, too! You might want to check him out:

Best of luck to you and your new tarantula!
MY mistake, he's from Croatia.

Web

Hello, I'm new to not just the group here, but to having a tarantula named 'Q'; yes she is a Honduran Curly Hair a.k.a. Curly Q. Yeah well anyway, I've had her for about three months now. For the first month and a half I never saw her come out of her den that she started constructing one the first night; while I slept...lol.
Now she comes out even in the late evening before lights go off, and I'm being able to really enjoy the digging, the pouncing and her just chillin' at the entrance.
I was told that the 29 gallon tank was a 'bit overkill', but she's happy (or content) and must feel comfortable with her seven to eight inch substrate of a layer of forest floor, layer of dirt, and a layer of moss with forest floor and oak leaves on top.
Because of my name I thought it would be cool to have a spider - you know, something spinning a web - but I'm happy with my B. Albopilosum.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello, I'm new to not just the group here, but to having a tarantula named 'Q'; yes she is a Honduran Curly Hair a.k.a. Curly Q. Yeah well anyway, I've had her for about three months now. For the first month and a half I never saw her come out of her den that she started constructing one the first night; while I slept...lol.
Now she comes out even in the late evening before lights go off, and I'm being able to really enjoy the digging, the pouncing and her just chillin' at the entrance.
I was told that the 29 gallon tank was a 'bit overkill', but she's happy (or content) and must feel comfortable with her seven to eight inch substrate of a layer of forest floor, layer of dirt, and a layer of moss with forest floor and oak leaves on top.
Because of my name I thought it would be cool to have a spider - you know, something spinning a web - but I'm happy with my B. Albopilosum.

Hello and welcome :). You picked a perfect tarantula as you're first, they are adorable :D

MrKrowe

Hi @Web, sounds like you have given her plenty of things to move around and make comfortable. Great species for a beginner and just wonderful to observe. I hope you will be very happy together.

Knitten

Hey all, My name is Rose, living in Netherland.
Very new in the hobby, and after years of being terrified of spiders, I came as far as to want to have a pet T.
Obviously, getting a pet without being informed is just a dumb idea, so before actually getting one, I registered to this forum to do research about keeping a T.
Thanks for reading!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very new in the hobby, and after years of being terrified of spiders, I came as far as to want to have a pet T.
Obviously, getting a pet without being informed is just a dumb idea, so before actually getting one, I registered to this forum to do research about keeping a T.
Thanks for reading!

Hi Rose welcome to the forum. You'll find everyone very helpful here so any questions just ask :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for reading!

Welcome from another new member here.

AndrewClayton

Hey there I’m new to this forum but have been keeping Ts for a couple of years now just can’t get enough of them I have 18 spiders in total 16 of which are Tarantulas, I will be branching out into other inverts in the future love the idea of a big Scolopendra

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey there I’m new to this forum but have been keeping Ts for a couple of years now just can’t get enough of them I have 18 spiders in total 16 of which are Tarantulas, I will be branching out into other inverts in the future love the idea of a big Scolopendra

Hello and welcome :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
My dream T would be T. Seledonia but it’s still a bit to expensive atm. Favourite T I already have has to be the A. Genic there such ferocious eaters. I have a mature female Eratigena Atrica and a Steatoda Grossa unsexed

Yeah, they are amazing to look at. Whenever someone tells me spiders aren't pretty I always Google a photo of a T seladonia to prove them wrong.
Sounds like you've got quite a nice collection. The geniculata is a must have. I will probably get around to getting one sometime (I'm new to keeping). They are fantastic looking too.

AndrewClayton

Yeah, they are amazing to look at. Whenever someone tells me spiders aren't pretty I always Google a photo of a T seladonia to prove them wrong.
Sounds like you've got quite a nice collection. The geniculata is a must have. I will probably get around to getting one sometime (I'm new to keeping). They are fantastic looking too.
Yeah the Genic is a must have, love my H Mac too there beautiful

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum

Latest posts