• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few questions about Tarantula's

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
2waHmg2.jpg

IX0k5tc.jpg

My biggest girl molted!
I was actually scared lol. She was black and purple for so long, eventually even her legs.
This morning I checked on her. Upright.
Checked 1 hours later - on her back! Had a mini heart attack and quickly took a picture and left my room. Didn't want anything to be able to disturb her.
Checked in every 2 hours or so. She finished after about 4.5 hours.

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
omg
I saw a white thing in my chromatus' enclosure, picked up the enclosure and as I tried to figure out what it was my eyes went wide
It's molting!
But like, really molting. It's pure white and moving 70% out already. I thought it was mold! He molted 5 weeks ago
I put him down and hope I didn't disturb him

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no
I'm gonna end up like exotics lair

Just fill the dish with lukewarm water so you don't cause stress or temperature shock. There's no need to stop filling the waterdish. If they want a shower, so what? Just make sure that the water doesn't bounce off the tarantula and gets into the dish.

My L klugi thinks everything is food. I just wait for an hour or two and toss in a feeder or two. Basically they're like motion detectors and they simply travel to the epicenter of the impact or vibration.

Think about it. I'm sure that in the wild there are cases of prey items falling into shallow water. A tasty meal is worth harmlessly getting your feet wet. A few Ts like H gigas actually can chase small fish under the water. Most however can't submerge.

Hint hint: It rains outside.

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
he is sooo beautiful
i also realized i called him girl earlier when he molted
tbh idk what gender it is im just calling him/her whatever comes to mind at the time

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Hey Guys sorry been a long time.
My T's are all doing well, just bigger lol a lot bigger. No deaths yet.

I'm actually just posting here cause I managed to pick up a Thrixopelma ockerti - which im super stoked about.
I currently only get Tarantula's that really catch my eye. Like I would get a M. Balfouri or a GBB for example.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hey Guys sorry been a long time.
My T's are all doing well, just bigger lol a lot bigger. No deaths yet.

I'm actually just posting here cause I managed to pick up a Thrixopelma ockerti - which im super stoked about.
I currently only get Tarantula's that really catch my eye. Like I would get a M. Balfouri or a GBB for example.

Wondered where you'd been! Glad you're back as I've enjoyed your posts.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back. Glad all is good. If your looking for something striking the N incei is often overlooked. They are nice colours and web a lot making their enclosures interesting. In Europe they’re very cheap to get hold of. Not sure what they’re like where you are thou

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
Welcome back. Glad all is good. If your looking for something striking the N incei is often overlooked. They are nice colours and web a lot making their enclosures interesting. In Europe they’re very cheap to get hold of. Not sure what they’re like where you are thou
I will check it out.
I'm in South Africa so the species are different here. Lots of horned baboons lol

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
So anyone terrible with roaches
I bought 200 of em 6 months ago and fed em and stuff.
Some are huge
Like seriously huge way too big to feed to any of my spiders lol
They also freak me out omg
They're bigger than my thumb