• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
I hope he is just resting.. And not dead! :(((

I did see him moving around frantically last night around 10pm.. Only to discover a stupid cricket trying to get through.. The cricket must of been brushing up against fangs :/

I really have no idea how big he is.. :/ sorry I'm not help at the moment.. I'm still new to all this..

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
My P.Parvulus mid moult

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Ghost.. Yeah really chuffed. First real go at sexing as this is 1 of my biggest T's.. My LP is next to moult ..

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My LP has moulted :) will post some pictures when it's hardened up..
Moulted in its water dish. Will try and sex the skin after...

Ghost

3 Year Member
My LP has moulted :) will post some pictures when it's hardened up..
Moulted in its water dish. Will try and sex the skin after...

I wonder if you'll be lucky and get two sexed females in a week ....

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hi Sym,

I'm not 100% sure as I'm away with my work and I've only got my phone with me and can't get it to zoom in enough to give an accurate answer...

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's my week for moults :) my Curly has moulted today. He/she has destroyed its skin so can't sex it this time.. Not sure which is my biggest T. It's very close between my curly or my B.Emilia..

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got through my first molt! My b. smithi molted while i was at work today. looked its it burrow with a flashlight. and i seen some orange!! no coloration on her before! ill try to get some pics if she comes outta there. :) I am stoked!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My GBB has molted today. It has been its longest premolt so far (over 2 weeks) and it was on its back for ages, then molted within an hour (I actually missed most of it).
I don't think the molt is big enough to sex it without microscope or better macro, but I'm kinda hoping to see the hint of a flap there.
IMG_7894_zps2a9vboml.jpg

IMG_7901_zpsx3tphabd.jpg

A bit blurry, but some nice colours
IMG_7908_zpskuzg3028.jpg

IMG_7909%202_zpsljxbkwpz.jpg

IMG_7909_zpsrudon9ku.jpg

IMG_7910_zpsbcxfnppe.jpg

IMG_7910%202_zpszyt6jkzq.jpg

IMG_7911_zpscy5enh7l.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think my P. met sling is ready to molt. It webbed its water bowl up and is lying inside the web. It's not on its back, but it hardly ever flips fully over when it molts:
IMG_8085_zpsu4eawkca.jpg

IMG_8087_zpsupydnz1e.jpg