• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
2 moults today so far, I've not checked the bigger ones yet. One was my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus sp. Violet, Ashoka, although no pics yet/

The other was my Metriopelma sp. Aragua, Wayuu, who moulted right at the bottom but conveniently against the side.
DSCF4769 (2).JPG

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Found these during feeding and maintenance today
Avicularia rufa sling, Avicularia purpurea sling, Thrixopelma lagunas juvie, Euathlus sp Blue 3" juvenile female, Neoholothele incei gold juvenile male, Idiothele mira slings #4 & 7, Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli 3.5" suspect female.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thrigmopoeus insignis, Sirsi, has moulted today. This is one I never see other than movement occasionally at the bottom of its hole which it is on this photo (top right). Judging by the size of the old exo a rehouse is in order very soon.

DSCF4786.JPG

Calico

3 Year Member
My 1 1/2" B.Albo Leggy, molted for the first time (in my care) yesterday! I've had her since Jan and she hasn't left her hide. Luckily I have the back of the log hide up against the wall of her enclosure so I can look in the "backdoor" and see her. When I looked in there and she had flipped, it scared me at first then I realized what she was doing. Pics aren't the best but it was amazing to be able to watch the process. I'm hoping she'll come out more now....

Attachments

• 20180326_080452.jpg
    20180326_080452.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20180326_080522.jpg
    20180326_080522.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 26

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I've had a 3/4" T. sp. Caribbean Diamond stuck in its molt for two days now :( I've attempted to help free it and still no luck, not much I can do with it so small. I'm beginning to think I may have to help it stop suffering. Pretty crappy deal, first for me...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had a 3/4" T. sp. Caribbean Diamond stuck in its molt for two days now :( I've attempted to help free it and still no luck, not much I can do with it so small. I'm beginning to think I may have to help it stop suffering. Pretty crappy deal, first for me...

It's awful when they get stuck. How much is stuck?

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
It's really stuck :( I managed to free everything except the legs. I've had it in a moist ICU hoping higher humidity would help, but still no luck.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use a wet paint brush...lightly brush the area. Get it really wet. lots of water on papertowels for it to sit on when your taking a break....just make sure the book lungs don't get submerged. I just had to do over a dozen 1st instar...it took all day but they all made it.

Latest posts