• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but a freshly molted Pokie specimen, if male and an ultimate molt, won’t show swollen pedipalps immediately. I guess it could be a female—the ventral shot is all I got. But a breeder confirmed male. Those skinny legs also suggest male. But...then again, this one is HUGE. Gonzo molted in a bent upright 45 degree angle and the molt was completely infolded and unreadable.
They will show the emboli, just some pokies have very small ones, that one doesnt

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I see no dark dorsal stripe on the abdomen. Ventrally, looks female. Usually males of this species obtain their emboli by 7.5"...even smaller. I'd say you have a 7.5" female there, pal. Also, there are no bulbs on the palps.

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Since this poecilotheria is so big you can definitely check the molt. It's 99.9% accurate, lol.....in which case the remaining "uncertainty" would be accompanied by Gynandromorphism.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Now that I'm sober and on a computer even the coloration of yours looks female...my males have a tan tint to them....I'd check that molt bro. Those don't look to be mature pedipalps either....
View attachment 28911 View attachment 28912 My P. regalis large beautiful male just underwent his ultimate molt. He’s now 7.5 “. Look at the length of those palps.
Does anyone have a girlfriend I can ship him to??

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
First time having two molts in one day! The first to molt was one of my N. chromatus slings, and then my A. ezendami molted in the evening (first molt in my care for both tarantulas). With 13 Ts I think thats a pretty cool coincidence. Post-molt pics attached.
IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG