• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Social distancing

JayManges

We give you that gift and I am stuck with one centre fire rifle and two shotguns. Last year I shot off around 100 shots...... in the whole year! Hahaha
Had the British not attempted to disarm the Colonists, our Founders might not have enumerated the right to keep and bear arms into our Constitution. Nevertheless, as a free man and law abiding citizen, I reject the notion that I should need permission from any government or politician to defend my family or myself. Not only do I find such a notion ridiculous, I reject it altogether. Too bad more citizens in UK didn't do the same.

E

ExMember

Had the British not attempted to disarm the Colonists, our Founders might not have enumerated the right to keep and bear arms into our Constitution. Nevertheless, as a free man and law abiding citizen, I reject the notion that I should need permission from any government or politician to defend my family or myself. Not only do I find such a notion ridiculous, I reject it altogether. Too bad more citizens in UK didn't do the same.

That's a common misconception! Many believe it's the constitution/charter that grants people their rights. Those are all natural god given rights. The paper merely dictates what the government can and can't do with respects to those rights.

I don't trust anyone to save me or my loved ones. Cops are reactionary. Not proactive like the movies suggest. I take care of my own. "It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six". That being said it pretty much is illegal here to defend yourself.

regalis

Well..... my guns would be no good for home defense. They are all too big. I do however have my two knives and a couple pairs of classics in my drawer next to my bed though! Haha

JayManges

That's a common misconception! Many believe it's the constitution/charter that grants people their rights.
That's not necessarily what I said. What I said was that the Founders included into our Bill of Rights.

Those are all natural god given rights.
Couldn't agree strenuously enough on that point.

The paper merely dictates what the government can and can't do with respects to those rights.
Close enough. More specifically, the Constitution details what the government can't do. Not necessarily what it can do. It was written this way because it codifies the rights of the people, not the government.

I don't trust anyone to save me or my loved ones. Cops are reactionary. Not proactive like the movies suggest. I take care of my own.
LOL. When seconds count, help is only minutes away.

"It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six".
A common saying in these parts.

That being said it pretty much is illegal here to defend yourself.
That I can never and will never understand. <sigh>

regalis

I got all the bedside essentials lol
20200411_000858.jpg
(dont judge my candy)!

E

ExMember

@JayManges
I should have said "there's a common misconception". Did not mean to imply that you held those beliefs! :) You seem very informed on the subject of freedom!

We are the only country in the west that has no castle doctrine. We have to try to flee and only if that isn't an option can we use equal or lesser force?!?!

Latest posts