• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Social distancing

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
What precautions are being made

We've had the sneeze shields put in.
We're doing a lot of constant cleaning, slightly reduced opening hours, queue marshall outside letting people in. And we can finally say no to having to put up with germy stuff people used to take for granted they could foist on us. Money handed with licked fingers, people holding change out in their hand for us to pick through in their palm, stuff like that bleuugghhh!!

E

ExMember

We've had the sneeze shields put in.
We're doing a lot of constant cleaning, slightly reduced opening hours, queue marshall outside letting people in. And we can finally say no to having to put up with germy stuff people used to take for granted they could foist on us. Money handed with licked fingers, people holding change out in their hand for us to pick through in their palm, stuff like that bleuugghhh!!
We've gone cashless here and had sneeze guards for a few weeks! Glad to see that they are taking employees safety seriously!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
We've gone cashless here and had sneeze guards for a few weeks! Glad to see that they are taking employees safety seriously!

Me too. They don't really have a choice, the government is making them. Apparently it's now a legal requirement to have someone manning the door to maintain social distancing. I feel a lot less anxious and a lot safer now that every one is taking it seriously, than I did when we were crowded with panic buyers shrieking "Have you got any hand sanitizer/toilet paper out the back?". The queues were tremendous and I remember a couple people with terrible, terrible coughs in those queues and how much I held my breath serving them!

A team member told me she was serving a guy couple days ago and someone came up to him and said "Oh I heard your wife has it, how is she?" She was basically saying to me that this guy should also be isolating along with the whole household. Of course he should. But you can betcha that people don't. They still go shopping and say nothing. If they themselves are ill, they still pop to the shops and try not to cough lol. Not everyone, but certainly people do. Just to suit theirselves and their own circumstances.
I personally know several people who've had it. Also know of someone very local who sadly died. There's quite a lot of it in my area.

Soulman

Particularly when they are the epitome of good health lol
Anyway, on another note, I've aged 30 years in the 3 weeks the schools have been closed lol
Young lady came in to my home with her grandad,and a child.telling me all about her animal rescue work,and she work s in the medical field.and that she's now got a boyfriend.but I find out she has now got it.hope she can fight it.

-19-

UK has its deadliest day,I can only think why isn't it me. Why have I not got it.maybe it's the T-Gods looking down on me.(no)

For the same reason I'm still alive in NY despite having a suppressed immune system - it's part of the plan. I don't pretend to understand the plan, I don't pretend it's even necessarily a GOOD plan. But it's the only reason I can come up with.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Me.....
anigif_enhanced-10023-1406826907-1.gif

Latest posts