• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please look at the following

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes indeed sometimes it has a calling for those who belong there ;)
raw-1.gif

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Room for both forums IMHO. I have long been a massive advocate of this forum and up until recently, was the ONLY forum I used, which in the main is usually very laid back and non-confrontational.

its worth noting that even regular members on here also have AB accounts and have succumbed to "the calling"...so no more member 'slaying' I say before this forum loses its wonderful appeal.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I view it as watching crime documentaries. I have no interest in breaking the law but it’s interesting to see how low a dishonest person is willing to go to get what they want. No matter how close to them the victim may be :)

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I went on AB a few times, didn't take long to figure it wasn't the right place for my 9 years old and I :)
As I did before I like to compare the two forums as one being your neighborhood mom and pop shop and the other one being a Walmart, on a sunday at 3:15 AM.
:D

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I went on AB a few times, didn't take long to figure it wasn't the right place for my 9 years old and I :)
As I did before I like to compare the two forums as one being your neighborhood mom and pop shop and the other one being a Walmart, on a sunday at 3:15 AM.
:D
I agree with you - this place is friendly and welcoming and it's a nice little community feel... AB is hardline a will flame people if they make the slightest mistake not very welcoming for beginners or anyone wanting help or advice.. I have seen quotes about AB boasting more members but hey let's have quality over quantity ;)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I agree with you - this place is friendly and welcoming and it's a nice little community feel... AB is hardline a will flame people if they make the slightest mistake not very welcoming for beginners or anyone wanting help or advice.. I have seen quotes about AB boasting more members but hey let's have quality over quantity ;)
AB is like a fast moving river, rife with experienced hands but steeped with peril and shame.

TF is like a warm lagoon with clear and calm waters, abundantly tranquil, informative and inspirational.

I'm less active there than I am here.

Latest posts