• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please look at the following

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Two completely different subjects my friend. The forum is called Tarantula Forum ,not I Hate Arachnoboards forum. But yes that sounds like a great idea. If you think of anything else just PM me.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Everyone has a favorite forum... all are different, and there's always one that remains your "go-to" forum. No need to bash other forums. It's tacky and disrespectful of the forum you're ON when you bash another one. They all have their info to share. Gather the info you need from all and only post on the one you like most.

Problem solved.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everyone has a favorite forum... all are different, and there's always one that remains your "go-to" forum. No need to bash other forums. It's tacky and disrespectful of the forum you're ON when you bash another one. They all have their info to share. Gather the info you need from all and only post on the one you like most.

Problem solved.
Look, just so we're absolutely clear, I don't know where you're from, but here in the states we feel very strongly about free speech, so if I don't like something, and feel the need to criticize it, I'll do so, and how you, or anyone else feels about it just doesn't concern me much. Clear enough for ya? Good talk.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Look, just so we're absolutely clear, I don't know where you're from, but here in the states we feel very strongly about free speech, so if I don't like something, and feel the need to criticize it, I'll do so, and how you, or anyone else feels about it just doesn't concern me much. Clear enough for ya? Good talk.

Quite clear. :)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He has a point though.

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Sorry to entertain this but its quite funny..i have turned a cheek to comments i felt were rude or disrespectful towards me..i am here for info and to help others when i can be of assistance all the bickering is very distasteful. This is not tarantula general Hospital! Lol. For the most part you guys/gals are awesome. Thanks for all the help i truly do appreciate that.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Madzoohouse Agreed! you need a very slippery 2nd skin for most forums lol

For what it's worth i agree with Mass. When my son first got his GBB I browsed AB and found many people there just as described. I then came to this forum and found it to be more helpful and friendly many times over. This has become my go-to, along with Tom's Big Spiders (thanks Tomoran! my son was excited when we saw you were on these forums as we'd read a number of your blogs before joining here :)) and a few other blogs and websites.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really like this forum. There is another board I signed up to when I was looking for tarantula forums, but I never wound up posting anything there. Everyone is so helpful here and generally pleasant especially for a new comer. It really is a great community here.
I agree completely. I am a newbie and there are already a good 5 or 6 regular contacts who are all friendly and help you around the forum. I am becoming a bit addicted tbh!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They've "allowed" me back but the place leaves a bad taste in my mouth... The mods are far too strict and seem to take pleasure in being authoritarian A holes... It may be a smaller community here but it's a great one! :)View attachment 23926
And therein lies one of the problems. Authoritarian douche nozzles. I like the fact that I'm on a forum where I can express myself, if I desire. I don't need some random **** stain telling me what I can say, or how I need to say it, for the purpose of "keeping things friendly". I like having Enn keep me in check, though, cause she's nice enough to delete drunkin pissed off rants and then politely tell me to quit being an asshole. Nor do I need a forum that is dominated by what I would refer to as an irritating, crotchety old lady with no life. Hi poke. I notice you don't post here anymore? Is it because someone might tell you to stfu? Look at some of his posts on this forum..like when he said choosing a spider by color is foolish. Foolish, for not following his stupid old lady ladder system..wouldn't want one of these dangerous animals to kill you..jesus Shampain quit stirring me up, im drinking..and how the hell did they allow you back? You're worse than me :D..then again, I never tried, nor will I. The more advanced info is there for guests to read, and I've covered much of it. I posted about being able to use the classifieds there, and only three days later, they blocked me. Don't you arachnotards know that people post sales in multiple forums? Good try, douchnozzles. I can get anything I'm willing to pay for :)
To give an example, I recently gave a baby Lp to a friends son. When asked about research, I told him to get what he needs from ab and here, but to post here if he had a question not covered by his research. I told him not to post at ab. Because I don't want a ten year old kid to be picked apart for posing a question to other hobbyists..he wants to be an entomologist. I figured why ruin his ambitions? The negativity, the toxic cloud of smarmy lil "I know something you don't know" petty little ****s..I used to beat the living **** out of people like that..hmm, I did it again..

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am so glad I chose this forum over AB when I was looking to broaden my knowledge and range of enthusiasts. I can hand on heart say that I love reading one of the posts on here. Yeah some rant A very now and again, but that's healthy ain't it, and agree with mass, the mods here (enn amd LC72UK in particular) are fantastic. Whenever I meet someone new through this hobby I always recommend this forum to them.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The ultimate revenge is having healthy happy spiders. It's pretty hard to over rule nature's judgement.

According to that other site, all mine would be burned to cinders by now. Oh, and by the way, I should mail them my spiders since they were out of my league.

Spider knapping!!

Take that!!
Justina stands tall 3.jpg

Latest posts