• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PanzoN88's eight legged pack

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G. grossa sling 1/2 --> 1 of 2

20181104_160147.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Doing cage maintenance and taking pictures when I can get them. My smaller P. platyomma sling passed, which I honestly knew was coming. The other one is doing fine and eating well, the smaller one wouldn't eat at all and it was not even in premolt.

On a lighter note, my female B. emilia decided to make an appearance. This one rarely leaves her hide.

20181211_173941.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My huge male never comes out of his hide (he takes the food however, not mature yet), my female is as defensive as ever, plus I think she is in premolt.

Sadly they are sac mates and pet store purchases.
My females are defensive until you take them out of their enclosures. Its like night and day the way their temperment changes. The males turn to big lovey babies when they mature. I can send you a Male in the future if your interested. I've got many.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What is the growth rate for G grossa? What conditions are you keeping it at? What feeders?
Honestly I find the growth rate to be medium, that particular one is alreay feasting on superworms, the other one that isn't pictured seems to prefer crickets. I've been keeping it like any other species within the genus, we which is deep, dry coco fiber, no room for a water dish so I pour water on one area. Temperature is 75-80 (room temperature in my house).

Both of mine are quite skittish, yet not defensive. The one that is pictured is the best eater of the two. The other one looks like it is going to molt. If things go well I may have a breeding pair in the future.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm a B. Sabulosum junkie...got any up date photos of yours???

Here's one of mine taking a drink, simply adorable!!

B sabolsum drinking edited.jpg

They're really getting some color, much faster then I thought possible. This little one obviously just molted.

Basically, I just cropped the photo and clarified it. He or she really is that bright.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Getting the red out from some of the lamps I use is the trickiest part. Of course I could just shut them off, but that would make to much sense now wouldn't it?

In all seriousness, it's not a problem.

I use Photoshop Express which runs right on my cellphone, premium non free version. It costs only a pittance and makes file exchange with a computer back and forth totally unnecessary.