• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My LP

AndrewClayton

Nope lol.....still eating, drinking, doing everything except moulting. I wouldn't even say any part of it's abdomen has gone particularly dark. Been feeding it 2x a week.
I would think it's something I'm doing wrong, but the other slings I've got that I had a couple weeks after have either moulted or are in premoult. I'm stumped.
Some are just slow growers I guess i had a MM G Pulchripes that matured in just over a year and I have a sling just now that I bought over a year ago now and it’s still under an inch lol

AndrewClayton

Any closer to a moult checked on my big girl today and she’s been laying a moulting mat over night so should be any day now it had a couple of crickets yesterday too Lasiodora are so greedy
F4495263-0C5C-491F-B758-95D27D0FAE70.jpeg

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hey, that's great news. I've been told by Enn that LP's can eat right up to moulting, greedy things!!

Well, I don't want to jinx it, but over the last couple days, it's abdomen finally went dark and it's refusing food. More significantly, since yesterday it has started burrowing. So I'm very hopeful it will finally moult out into a lovely H chilensis lmao :D:D

AndrewClayton

Hey, that's great news. I've been told by Enn that LP's can eat right up to moulting, greedy things!!

Well, I don't want to jinx it, but over the last couple days, it's abdomen finally went dark and it's refusing food. More significantly, since yesterday it has started burrowing. So I'm very hopeful it will finally moult out into a lovely H chilensis lmao :D:D
When they get bigger they always moult in the open that one has a hide that it just doesn’t use at all

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Got some nice leg growth there

Definitely. Quite surprised to actually see the growth. It was super thirsty after. I'd filled the dish late last night and just had to refill it after it moved off it. Can't wait for it to start feeding again and put some more weight on. That abdomen could do with a bit of plumping up :)

Latest posts