1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My LP

Discussion in 'Lasiodora' started by Jess S, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Jess S

Jess S Well-Known Member

Just a couple pics of my LP sling.

Day 1
    1cm size

IMG_20190811_025606.jpg

The white isn't condensation, it is definitely just distortion because of the flash.

To give a sense of perspective, the water bowl is a paracetamol tablet blister! Looks huge doesn't it!

1 Week In

IMG_20190812_025037~2.jpg

IMG_20190814_201251.jpg

It's getting a bit fat now, probably having oversized pre-killed prey items has a lot to do with it, so I'll have to make sure it slims down a bit.

I hope I get to see it having it's first moult with me.
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member Premium Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

So cute but it won't be that tiny for long :)
  3. Jess S

Jess S Well-Known Member

Thanks @Enn49. It's seems to be bigger since I had it.

Had a bit of a giggle just now, because I've been trying to post the link to this to my 9 year old computer savvy kid, whose on holiday with my family (mam couldn't get the week off :(). After 3 attempts of texting what amounted to just the word 'Thread' and receiving crying with laughter emojis back, I finally managed it. Clawed back a little of my self esteem lol :D
    menavodi, Kaden Alexander and Enn49 like this.
  4. Jess S

Jess S Well-Known Member

Well guys, do you think this little guy is showing some signs of premoult? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?!

IMG_20190818_204914~2.jpg

The tiny white dot I think is poop but I've scooped it out now. Really hard to see without the zoom, I didn't notice it until I took the photo.

It did eat last night, actually dragged a pre-killed cricket at least twice its size clear across the enclosure. Planning on getting smaller live prey when all the crickets are used up or die of old age lol :p:D So a moult probably isn't imminent but I'm hoping soon! Fingers crossed:T:
    mrsoul1974 likes this.
  5. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member Premium Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

LPs are one T that will eat right up to a moult.
    Jess S likes this.
  6. Jess S

Jess S Well-Known Member

Thanks Enn. That's what I was wondering! I had heard of slings doing this, but didn't know LPs were known for it. I can't wait for it to moult, because it's a first for me, plus it's so tiny, it'll be easier to see when it puts some size on lol :)
    Enn49 likes this.
  7. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

Don't worry. They grow fast. It's never too early to start looking for an adult size enclosure!!
    Jess S likes this.