• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My ackie thread, or, The spiney tailed monitor thread.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey Tom. Long story short, I had an open topped enclosure. I didnt worry because my dog kept the two cats well away from that side of the house. Then my dog Piggy, 6 yrs old, died from a genetic kidney disease, and I didnt have the presence of mind to realize my lizard was in danger..sooo, yeah. Plus a bunch of other ****ing fantastic things have happened, which I won't bore everyone with. Life always gets better, though. Especially after your indictment period expires. Glad to hear yours are doing well. I miss mine. Not as much as my dog though. That one sent me over the deep end, unfortunately.
Hi
real sorry to hear of you losses-that's a tough one,cant say much to make you feel any better about it-no one understands how **** life can be at time until it all happens to them, but its good to have you back on here-you have been missed

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi
real sorry to hear of you losses-that's a tough one,cant say much to make you feel any better about it-no one understands how **** life can be at time until it all happens to them, but its good to have you back on here-you have been missed
Well thanks, its good to be back. Yeah, grief just doesnt have any cure except time. I loved that dog more than people. Won't ever buy another breed, I cannot say it enough, EBT's are just special. This time I'm going to go with a fully documented AKC bloodline, rather than a backyard breeder. There are two genetic kidney diseases in Bull Terriers that were identified in the 90's, and good breeders wont allow those bloodlines in their stock. I tried to discuss this (politely) with the backyard breeder I got Ms. Piggy from, and he got prideful and stupid about it, and things got ugly. Now I have a restraining order against me as well. Screw it, I'll just pay the ungodly expensive price 'recognized' breeders charge. Soon, puppy breath will once again be present in my life, and all will be right with the world.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well thanks, its good to be back. Yeah, grief just doesnt have any cure except time. I loved that dog more than people. Won't ever buy another breed, I cannot say it enough, EBT's are just special. This time I'm going to go with a fully documented AKC bloodline, rather than a backyard breeder. There are two genetic kidney diseases in Bull Terriers that were identified in the 90's, and good breeders wont allow those bloodlines in their stock. I tried to discuss this (politely) with the backyard breeder I got Ms. Piggy from, and he got prideful and stupid about it, and things got ugly. Now I have a restraining order against me as well. Screw it, I'll just pay the ungodly expensive price 'recognized' breeders charge. Soon, puppy breath will once again be present in my life, and all will be right with the world.
Hey
totally understand your love of EBTs-and why you will have another,they are worth every cent if they are gonna lead a long and healthy life, that backstreet breeder has not only cost the life of your wonderful ms piggy from but has probably caused the suffering in any dog they have bred through pure ignorance,im surprised they are still breathing after a run in with you!
The sooner the better you have a new pup to love-just keep us updated-
best wishes in your quest for another EBT :)

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear about all of that. To cheer you up, here is my new EBT:
IMG_7955.JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry to hear about all of that. To cheer you up, here is my new EBT:
View attachment 35316
Absolutely gorgeous, Tom. I almost adopted a year old male but somebody got to him quicker. Just looking at yours does cheer me up, so thank you. You wont regret it brother, they're bullheaded, independent, and need to know you're the alpha. And I just remembered you train dogs professionally, lmao. They are the biggest clowns I've ever seen.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus sorry to hear about your loss. Bull terriers are one of my favorites. Your right about the cost....that's why I dont have one.:p I just have these girls I saved...View attachment 35318
They're beauties. The one on the far right reminds me of my first pitbull. Those are ALL rescues? Lucky bastard! Maybe I should get another pit as a friend for the bully..hmmm.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey
totally understand your love of EBTs-and why you will have another,they are worth every cent if they are gonna lead a long and healthy life, that backstreet breeder has not only cost the life of your wonderful ms piggy from but has probably caused the suffering in any dog they have bred through pure ignorance,im surprised they are still breathing after a run in with you!
The sooner the better you have a new pup to love-just keep us updated-
best wishes in your quest for another EBT :)
Oh, you'll get some pics, of that I assure you :D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're beauties. The one on the far right reminds me of my first pitbull. Those are ALL rescues? Lucky bastard! Maybe I should get another pit as a friend for the bully..hmmm.
The black one "Lucy" was sentenced to death at a kill shelter at only 8 weeks old because she was labeled as a pitbull. The other two "Charlee" the red nose and "Harlee" the brendel are both sisters and we adopted them for free.
Screenshot_20161201-171459.jpg
How could you kill something so cute!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Holy crap, puppy cuteness overload on this thread!! @Arachnoclown anyone who would kill any puppy is a rotten sonofa*****. Almost as rotten as the dirty bastards that abandon them. I'll look into rescuing a pit for my ebt I think...@Tortoise Tom man those ears..unique, I wouldn't try to straighten them, Yeti looks awesome! Have you noticed EBTs all have fat little toes? Every one Ive ever seen. Lol. I just fell in love with a Yeti. Y'all watch the Westminster show? Of course PITA had to protest. Those people are extremist morons.

Latest posts