• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Movie recommendations

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I loved the first one (2017 version). Even better than the one with Tim Curry. Can't wait to see the sequel!!!

You know this was the longest book written by King of all his novels (he actually ended up reducing the chapters in this novel and making it shorter). If this is only chapter 2, I wonder how many "It" chapters will be produced for us to watch..... I'm a huge King fan.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Ive read loads of Stephen King's books (and there are still loads I haven't read). The ones that really stuck in my mind, that I was sorry to finish cos I enjoyed them so much were It, Insomnia and Bag of Bones. They were just so well written and the characters so well developed. I'll have to head off to the library soon and get some ones I haven't read yet.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I do like Stephen King novels/films. The shining is the best.

Never watched that either. I don't even have Netflix.

Oh the shining is one of my faves....but i like the newest version (not the one with jack nicholson in it- not that i dont like jack nicholson because he is a damn good actor- just like the updated version best). ....i also like Rose Red and Delores Claiborne.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh the shining is one of my faves....but i like the newest version (not the one with jack nicholson in it- not that i dont like jack nicholson because he is a damn good actor- just like the updated version best). ....i also like Rose Red and Delores Claiborne.
You know what Stephen King's inspiration was for the shining right?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Was it some real life haunted hotel he stayed in? I don't know much more than that though. Forgot to include the Shining in my fave list. It is great though ( and the Last Stand). I didn't know they'd remade The Shining. Will have to watch it!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Was it some real life haunted hotel he stayed in? I don't know much more than that though. Forgot to include the Shining in my fave list. It is great though ( and the Last Stand). I didn't know they'd remade The Shining. Will have to watch it!
You are correct, it was the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO to be exact.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Actually, it's The Shining 2. I liked that one better than the first one. I just thought it was a remake of the original one (perhaps similarities with the first one).

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'll have to see it. The 1st though a classic is dated now. We are used to scarier special effects etc.
Another one that spooked me (not S. King though) was Mirrors. It took me a few tries to work up the courage to watch it. That scary abandoned mall....stuff of nightmares

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll have to see it. The 1st though a classic is dated now. We are used to scarier special effects etc.
Another one that spooked me (not S. King though) was Mirrors. It took me a few tries to work up the courage to watch it. That scary abandoned mall....stuff of nightmares

Ahhh I liked that one. Jeepers Creepers f*d with me for a LONG time, lol....

Latest posts