• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Movie recommendations

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just watched a really good flick out of Australia, called The Rover. It was made in 2014 and I'd never heard of it until I saw it scrolling through Netflix today. Fantastic movie. It's kind of grim throughout, with some truly sad parts too. Best movie I've seen in some time, and the two main actors were excellent. Anyone got any recommendations for underrated or foreign movies that blew you away?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just watched a really good flick out of Australia, called The Rover. It was made in 2014 and I'd never heard of it until I saw it scrolling through Netflix today. Fantastic movie. It's kind of grim throughout, with some truly sad parts too. Best movie I've seen in some time, and the two main actors were excellent. Anyone got any recommendations for underrated or foreign movies that blew you away?
Get the app/channel called tubi tv, there are some excellent indie horror films on that channel.

Most Mexican movies from the 90s and older are really good, especially movies starring Cornelio Reyna.

A movie I find very underrated is blood and bone starring Michael Jai White and Gina Carano.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Nil by Mouth is my recommendation. If a British film can be classed as foreign to you! Lol
It was written and directed by Gary Oldman and it gives you a really good look at life in a rough, drug ravaged inner city council estate (our version of the 'projects').
I saw it and never forgot it, that's why I recommend it. It's very hard hitting and the performances are on point.
If I think of any others I'll post on here. Australian films can be excellent, I'll have to check out The Rover, and Panzos recommendation.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nil by Mouth is my recommendation. If a British film can be classed as foreign to you! Lol
It was written and directed by Gary Oldman and it gives you a really good look at life in a rough, drug ravaged inner city council estate (our version of the 'projects').
I saw it and never forgot it, that's why I recommend it. It's very hard hitting and the performances are on point.
If I think of any others I'll post on here. Australian films can be excellent, I'll have to check out The Rover, and Panzos recommendation.
Be warned, theres some really sad parts. Very bleak movie. I was drinking(go figure :rolleyes: ) and the ending got me. Good thing nobody was around :D

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Be warned, theres some really sad parts. Very bleak movie. I was drinking(go figure :rolleyes: ) and the ending got me. Good thing nobody was around :D

Same I thought you were saying you'd seen Nil by Mouth then!!! It's as bleak, grim and sad as can be. I've got to watch The Rover now :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Get the app/channel called tubi tv, there are some excellent indie horror films on that channel.

Most Mexican movies from the 90s and older are really good, especially movies starring Cornelio Reyna.

A movie I find very underrated is blood and bone starring Michael Jai White and Gina Carano.

I have that app! Coto movies is another good one because you can watch the new movies that have recently hit theatres there! :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is an indie film on Netflix that I heard about. It's supposed to be a really good true story about demonic posession. Can't remember the name of it however.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What if it's a mixture of both soft and cold? Lol....
Well, these things are inconstant, or rather, mutable. Nothing is forever. Except a dog's love and loyalty. In my experience, anyway. Everything else is a ****ing joke. Watch a child grow to resent their loving parents. Watch as your government creates more and more laws to chain you. Watch people cry out "Racist!" when you mention inner city, brown problems ****ing up our Country. It's a clown world, Casey! Honk! Honk!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well, these things are inconstant, or rather, mutable. Nothing is forever. Except a dog's love and loyalty. In my experience, anyway. Everything else is a ****ing joke. Watch a child grow to resent their loving parents. Watch as your government creates more and more laws to chain you. Watch people cry out "Racist!" when you mention inner city, brown problems ****ing up our Country. It's a clown world, Casey! Honk! Honk!

Lol....perhaps we should've tagged @Arachnoclown in this one....ha ha ha ha ha

Omg! You should watch Jericho Green on you tube. I swear if you watched a few you'd subscribe!!! (Just a thought) F* genius.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
0918.gif