• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I NEED SOME URGENT HELP! (thin)

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
you guys definitely aren't the experts i thought you would be and you are very judgmental i hope you don't treat the next new joe with as much suspicion as you gave me. good day.
Hi Brandon,
Before leaving us please provide the website you got this T from and looking like this (if the website does exist).
Please also accept our apologies for the rudeness of some of our members. I would personally recommend you to try arochnoboards: https://arachnoboards.com/
It is a much better place where people are a lot nicer, friendlier and patient, especially with new comers/beginners in need of help with basic husbandry.
Sending all my positive vibes for your T to recover and feel better, Cheers.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
no it's a Ceratogyrus brachycephalus
Then it is not a "rear horned baboon" as you described it. Thank you for taking the time to make a point on how important it is to use the proper species names of tarantulas instead of their nicknames.
P.S: The T you provided a picture of is a Ceratogyrus darlingi, happy to provide you with a picture of a Ceratogyrus brachycephalus if you would like.
Have a nice day.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
no it's a Ceratogyrus brachycephalus
No it's not
12.jpg

This is a
Ceratogyrus brachycephalus

LinInuRen

I bought a female horned-Baboon Tarantula from a website but when it arrived the poor little thing's abdomen is thin and shriveled like a dried raisin. the website had some bad reviews but i purchased the tarantula from them anyways. what should i do and is she going to die?

by the way if someone is in the los angles area and can help her you can take her and heal her but i can't just give it away because the spider cost $200 from that website if you can give me some of it back then you can have her otherwise i will try to heal her myself.
Offer water bowl and food. Sounds like dehydration.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
what are you insinuating? you could give me a tip instead of being passive aggressive and accusing me of neglect. the enclosure is from my other tarantula when it got to big for it.
This response, unprovoked, kinda says it all, IMO

OP used the word "neglect" when they were asked a few simple questions regarding care and housing based on pics the IP posted

@LetsGoBrandon you were offered advice and the membership here showed concern for your animal. I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed but you quickly because defensive and accusatory.

I'm sorry for the tarantula in question, regardless of what species it is or where it was purchased.
Best of luck, OP

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This response, unprovoked, kinda says it all, IMO

OP used the word "neglect" when they were asked a few simple questions regarding care and housing based on pics the IP posted

@LetsGoBrandon you were offered advice and the membership here showed concern for your animal. I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed but you quickly because defensive and accusatory.

I'm sorry for the tarantula in question, regardless of what species it is or where it was purchased.
Best of luck, OP
I like your investigative/reverse psychology here on the "neglect". This said it is sad that you could imagine someone getting a T like this from a website and not providing the name of it right away....
Best regards from your favorite Clouseau ;)

x_raphael_xx

I like your investigative/reverse psychology here on the "neglect". This said it is sad that you could imagine someone getting a T like this from a website and not providing the name of it right away....
Best regards from your favorite Clouseau ;)
I find it kind of weird that OP also tried to sell/give it way in the first post too, having 'just' received it.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Hi, I haven't read all of the above, I'm gathering the discussion got heated, but I am still worried about the tarantula so here are some thoughts if needed (I have only been keeping a bit over a year).

- I would suggest trying different prey options if you can, and different prey sizes (not all at once, maybe after a few days try something different?). Some of my tarantulas won't take e.g. a roach but will take a worm, and visa versa. And some will take prey the size of their abdomen, but some prefer smaller prey.

- Definitely get the tarantula it's own enclosure with fresh substrate to dig in as soon as you can. If it can get settled into a home it can make its own it might be more likely to eat.

- I am glad to hear it has been drinking a bit, hopefully it will drink more soon so please make sure the water bowl remains topped up.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, I haven't read all of the above, I'm gathering the discussion got heated, but I am still worried about the tarantula so here are some thoughts if needed (I have only been keeping a bit over a year).

- I would suggest trying different prey options if you can, and different prey sizes (not all at once, maybe after a few days try something different?). Some of my tarantulas won't take e.g. a roach but will take a worm, and visa versa. And some will take prey the size of their abdomen, but some prefer smaller prey.

- Definitely get the tarantula it's own enclosure with fresh substrate to dig in as soon as you can. If it can get settled into a home it can make its own it might be more likely to eat.

- I am glad to hear it has been drinking a bit, hopefully it will drink more soon so please make sure the water bowl remains topped up.
Hi,
The conversation didn't really get heated and reading the thread is a must :)
This is a really friendly place but we all come here for the love of the Ts so it is normal for us to call out someone neglecting and starving his. Now of course I am looking forward to stand corrected as soon as any of the OP claims can be verified, starting with the name of the business/website who sold a T like this....
All this said, your post shows obviously that you are a very carrying person and it is greatly appreciated.
Have a lovely day.
P.S: the thread includes many pictures of new species including many never seen Ceratogyrus. Including mine as well, even if I am taking the risk of suffering the wrath that usually comes with crossbreeding.
Here is my Ceratogyrus versicolor.
1634906708580.png

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi,
The conversation didn't really get heated and reading the thread is a must :)
This is a really friendly place but we all come here for the love of the Ts so it is normal for us to call out someone neglecting and starving his. Now of course I am looking forward to stand corrected as soon as any of the OP claims can be verified, starting with the name of the business/website who sold a T like this....
All this said, your post shows obviously that you are a very carrying person and it is greatly appreciated.
Have a lovely day.
P.S: the thread includes many pictures of new species including many never seen Ceratogyrus. Including mine as well, even if I am taking the risk of suffering the wrath that usually comes with crossbreeding.
Here is my Ceratogyrus versicolor.
View attachment 60354
Here's my rare Ceratogyrus...
exterface_unicorn_17-1.jpg

Latest posts