• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I NEED SOME URGENT HELP! (thin)

LetsGoBrandon

I bought a female horned-Baboon Tarantula from a website but when it arrived the poor little thing's abdomen is thin and shriveled like a dried raisin. the website had some bad reviews but i purchased the tarantula from them anyways. what should i do and is she going to die?

by the way if someone is in the los angles area and can help her you can take her and heal her but i can't just give it away because the spider cost $200 from that website if you can give me some of it back then you can have her otherwise i will try to heal her myself.

LetsGoBrandon

here is a picture of her

Attachments

• tarantula shrivled.JPG
    tarantula shrivled.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 201

Tarantulafeets

what are you insinuating? you could give me a tip instead of being passive aggressive and accusing me of neglect. the enclosure is from my other tarantula when it got to big for it.
What do you mean? @Arachnoclown was just pointing out that there is a lot of webbing in the enclosure, nothing else.

I would just leave her alone with the water dish and get rested over night, and see how she is doing in the morning. Try offering food every now and then, and maybe rehouse her into a new enclosure, because knows that the webbing isn't hers and that she is in a different spiders territory.

now that it's had some water and i put a fan near it with the lid off the enclosure now it's abdomen had swelled up a bit tomorrow i'm gonna see if it will eat. i guess that's all she needed.
I would watch her if you have the lid open, never know when they might escape :oops:
And the air from the fan might disturb her, so I would maybe remove it.

And also, do you know what species it is?
Hope she gets better :)

LetsGoBrandon

What do you mean? @Arachnoclown was just pointing out that there is a lot of webbing in the enclosure, nothing else.

I would just leave her alone with the water dish and get rested over night, and see how she is doing in the morning. Try offering food every now and then, and maybe rehouse her into a new enclosure, because knows that the webbing isn't hers and that she is in a different spiders territory.

I would watch her if you have the lid open, never know when they might escape :oops:
And the air from the fan might disturb her, so I would maybe remove it.

And also, do you know what species it is?
Hope she gets better :)
she is a "horned baboon" and yeah i just had the fan pointing at the enclosure for a a little while. i think she's better now maybe she was stressed from being shipped to me. i have a juicy roach for her tomorrow if she feels better :}

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
what are you insinuating? you could give me a tip instead of being passive aggressive and accusing me of neglect. the enclosure is from my other tarantula when it got to big for it.
Well your story is your blaming a vendor for selling you a malnourished spider yet that spider appears to have been in that enclosure a long time. Your story seams to not fit the situation right off the bat. (I've been doing this for 40 years I've seen it all).
Now Theres many reasons a spider can be extremely skinny. One is not shedding its sucking stomach on its last molt. If its not eating and it's trying to drink without success thats the problem. Its not curable unless it has enough strength to molt again.

Another reason is that it's a male and it's time is getting close.

The other reason is the one you insinuated I said Which I hadn't. In that case feed it.

Last edited:

x_raphael_xx

@Arachnoclown did not accuse you of anything, however I am going to be very blunt, and I apologise in advance if I offend.

That enclosure is gross. If you knew you had a new tarantula arriving why did you not prepare a clean enclosure for it? The water looks stagnant.

LetsGoBrandon

@Arachnoclown did not accuse you of anything, however I am going to be very blunt, and I apologise in advance if I offend.

That enclosure is gross. If you knew you had a new tarantula arriving why did you not prepare a clean enclosure for it? The water looks stagnant.
wow my welcoming to this forum has been very delightful. there is a lot of moss in the enclosure i mix it with outside dirt and moss together and why the water looks like that is because there is moss inside the water dish for a more natural feel for the T and the i poured water on the ground next to it that's why the enclosure looks wet and gross in the pic. it sucks that i have to explain myself when this must be such a common problem. i don't think i'm ever going to come back here again. i just needed quick help and i thought asking this forum would be better than just googling exactly what to do now my tarantula is better by the looks of it i guess i didn't need this forum after all. good day to you i hope you don't treat the next new joe like me.

Latest posts