• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Guess what I'm getting!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My future son in law and my youngest son are giving me T's for Christmas
There is a local person downsizing their T collection with pick up only,
its a couple hours away from me but worth it IMPO.

All slings not sure of sizes, probably get them Sunday or Monday :)
I've named them and am getting ready to set up enclosures
G rosea Blush
Cyriocosmus ritae Kobold
Aphonopelma seemani Mirage
(Cyclosternum fasciatum ) Davus pentaloris )Davus fasciatus
Gnome
(whatever its name is now)

Aphonopelma hentzi Titan
this will be it for me for a long while, only one i'll be on the lookout for is the G.pulchra.

Last edited:

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
good haul... and your that's it for a long while wont last as long as you think haha I ordered 7 a couple weeks ago and was saying ok that's it that's as many as I will ever need/want and then yesterday casey posted the ones she did and i took two lol... this is a sickness that cant be cured with anything but more T's lmao

Last edited:

Meludox

3 Year Member

G rosea Blush
Cyriocosmus ritae Mirage
Aphonopelma seemani Kobold
Cyclosternum fasciatum Gnome
Aphonopelma hentzi Titan

this will be it for me for a long while, only one i'll be on the lookout for is the G.pulchra.
I am sooo jealous!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
good haul... and your that's it for a long while wont last as long as you think haha I ordered 7 a couple weeks ago and was saying ok that's it that's as many as I will ever need/want and then yesterday casey posted the ones she did and i took two lol... this is a sickness that cant be cured with anything but more T's lmao
It is a sickness, I love their individuality even as tiny slings, but financially for the next six months or so I'm flat, have to get an estate lawyer and its eating us up:confused:
Super excited about these though :)
My first dwarf !!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura Oooo lucky you.

Just so you know Cyclosternum fasciatumhas been re-classified as Davus pentaloris
Oh my gosh, really? Dangit, I'll make a note and change enclosure label, Regardless of what they call it its still a pretty T
Thanks Enn, appreciate it :)

Rockpython

3 Year Member

G rosea Blush
Cyriocosmus ritae Mirage
Aphonopelma seemani Kobold
(Cyclosternum fasciatum ) Davus pentaloris Gnome
Aphonopelma hentzi Titan

"Kobold", huh? Of Kerr Keep? ;) few will get that reference

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
forgot about D&D havent' played that in years. I was a level 17 half elven ranger named..... Kormath :) it's the short name of a black dragon we had to kill in a previous campaign i played a cleric in. It grew on me and having been called Kormath for 4-6 hours twice a week it stuck and i started using it for my online name years later after Al Gore invented the internet for us.

of your freebies the dwarf, seemanni, or the hentzi would be the ones i'd be most happy about :) they're on my always changing wishlist lol.

swimbait

3 Year Member
lol you named them and haven't even seen them? Excited much!! I can't imagine naming all my tarantulas though honestly, I wouldn't even be able to remember them!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol you named them and haven't even seen them? Excited much!! I can't imagine naming all my tarantulas though honestly, I wouldn't even be able to remember them!
It's written on their enclosure, I think of them as pets so they get names, I'm a bit eclectic so their names might be odd, but I like them :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
forgot about D&D havent' played that in years. I was a level 17 half elven ranger named..... Kormath :) it's the short name of a black dragon we had to kill in a previous campaign i played a cleric in. It grew on me and having been called Kormath for 4-6 hours twice a week it stuck and i started using it for my online name years later after Al Gore invented the internet for us.

of your freebies the dwarf, seemanni, or the hentzi would be the ones i'd be most happy about :) they're on my always changing wishlist lol.
We still play on occasion, wrapped up in fallout 4 right now tho, maybe I should have named one Dogmeat. :p
That's my second hentzi, hoping it's a little bigger then the one I have , super excited about the others I picked too :)

swimbait

3 Year Member
6 or less!?!?! I couldn't do it, I need enough spiders to keep me entertained consistently lol I feed spiders on different schedules so I have stuff to do daily with them. Good luck staying under 24 ;)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just saw a picture of my baby Cyriocosmus ritae D'aaaaawwwwwwwwwww!

YFa6KfG.jpg

@swimbait "its just till the estate settles....by then my shelves will be up....it would be wasteful to not use that space then.."

Last edited: