• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeling Like A Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulman

Looks like your one of the problems. Still a drama queen huh? I hate bullies. Nothing but drama since you showed up here.
No you just had a personal dig at ragalis, that's not fair.it's wrong.and ilovebrachys you say you have been a victim,sorry makes you as bad .

JayManges

If @Arachnoclown is mad he's not the only one. I have had enough of this *****ing and if it continues anyone involved will be banned. You can take this as a public warning
If this is the official position of the board, I would like to volunteer to be first. I came to this forum looking for help and advice on tarantulas. What I found is a gauntlet of individuals and their ringleader who belittle and demean any new member they encounter. If the new member resists, they are ganged up upon, stalked, harassed, and even physically threatened. You moderators have been made aware of the situation and have turned a blind eye to it.

Look, I don't know what they did to you all over at Arachnoboards but it seems to me you have become worse than what it was you ran away from. This hobby, like any other hobby, needs an influx of new members to thrive. Your policies of putting a known instigator on a pedestal to create a toxic environment drives away new members and hurts the industry. Don't think prospective advertisers don't see it. That's why you have so few.

So go ahead, do what you say you are going to do. Ban me! While you are at it, go ahead and delete this message because I am sure the truth of it is more than you can bear and more than you want anyone to find out.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If this is the official position of the board, I would like to volunteer to be first. I came to this forum looking for help and advice on tarantulas. What I found is a gauntlet of individuals and their ringleader who belittle and demean any new member they encounter. If the new member resists, they are ganged up upon, stalked, harassed, and even physically threatened. You moderators have been made aware of the situation and have turned a blind eye to it.

Look, I don't know what they did to you all over at Arachnoboards but it seems to me you have become worse than what it was you ran away from. This hobby, like any other hobby, needs an influx of new members to thrive. Your policies of putting a known instigator on a pedestal to create a toxic environment drives away new members and hurts the industry. Don't think prospective advertisers don't see it. That's why you have so few.

So go ahead, do what you say you are going to do. Ban me! While you are at it, go ahead and delete this message because I am sure the truth of it is more than you can bear and more than you want anyone to find out.

My aim as a moderator on this forum has always been to keep it a friendly helpful place, no one is favoured and all newcomers are treated with respect. Sadly some seem to have brought the AB mentality here but never fear they will either learn to behave themselves while here or be sent packing.

JayManges

My aim as a moderator on this forum has always been to keep it a friendly helpful place, no one is favoured and all newcomers are treated with respect. Sadly some seem to have brought the AB mentality here but never fear they will either learn to behave themselves while here or be sent packing.
Last night, the moderators were made aware of a member physically threatening another member. On any sane board, that member would have been immediately ejected. Here? Nothing.... So while your words might sound good, your walk doesn't match the talk.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I came to this forum looking for help and advice on tarantulas. What I found is a gauntlet of individuals and their ringleader who belittle and demean any new member they encounter. If the new member resists, they are ganged up upon, stalked, harassed, and even physically threatened. You moderators have been made aware of the situation and have turned a blind eye to it.

I've not found this to be the case here, I have not experienced it; also I'm not looking for it.

Some folks online, regardless of forum or hobby, assert themselves as drama mavens or like to take on battles. I understand everyone has a different definition of "entertainment" but intentionally putting one's self into the middle of it doesn't make sense.

I've been a mod of other forums in a past life, it's a thankless job. You insert yourself as necessary, hopefully infrequently, and you manage the exception for the betterment of the forum. Sometimes that means banning folks, sometimes it means a timeout. Hopefully it doesn't become a full time job, we all have those (or used to).

In reality, no one has to volunteer to be banned, anyone can leave of their own free will. That's the beauty of the internet. Turn your computer off. Experience your experience. Come back or not. All choice-based.
Personally, I have no dog in this fight (and didn't know there was one) but invite you, and everyone else, to just get along. Things are challenging enough right now, let's just be happy T keepers and live through it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last night, the moderators were made aware of a member physically threatening another member. On any sane board, that member would have been immediately ejected. Here? Nothing.... So while your words might sound good, your walk doesn't match the talk.

Sorry, am I expected to stay on here 24/7 because people can't behave as adults and follow simple forum rules?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes they now have a public warning and any further misbehaviour will be dealt with when I'm online

JayManges

Yes they now have a public warning and any further misbehaviour will be dealt with when I'm online

So let's see... If I were to threaten someone on this board, with violence, (which is a criminal act by the way), all I would get is a "public warning?" For some reason, I am having a very difficult time believing that. In fact, I don't believe it because personally, I'm just not that naïve and that lie is too thinly veiled. Anyhow, I'm done voicing my concerns only to have them fall on deaf ears. You run your board the way you see fit and all I can do is say peace out. It was fun while it lasted.

Soulman

When there's nothing in tv,just watch the tarantula soap.lets just end it! It's just pointless,it's like a big wheel there's no end.round and round it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts