• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeling Like A Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantulabas1993

I'm here to ask anyone who has felt like a failure at this hobby. I have 30 tarantulas and I watch them 24/7 and do all that I can but at the back of my mind I feel like I'm a horrible keeper. Alot of keepers I've come across have been douchbags to me and just because they have years and years of experience doesnt mean they need to be shooting me down. I learn everyday but those who hurt other keepers and spit on their husbandry.......one day you'll grow up and realize you're wrong.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I'm here to ask anyone who has felt like a failure at this hobby. I have 30 tarantulas and I watch them 24/7 and do all that I can but at the back of my mind I feel like I'm a horrible keeper. Alot of keepers I've come across have been douchbags to me and just because they have years and years of experience doesnt mean they need to be shooting me down. I learn everyday but those who hurt other keepers and spit on their husbandry.......one day you'll grow up and realize you're wrong.
Hi
I have seen your tarantulas and they look in very good health.There is no reason to be feeling like that.I am novice myself and still have the tendency of overthinking things but getting better every day with the help of the fellow T keepers on here.Its not rocket science at the end of the day and common sense goes long way.
As for those deluded seasoned keepers that have themselves for the gods of the T keeping world ..... Well lets say that there is more that one way to be successful in the hobby.lol
Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with everything that @Konstantin has said, the Internet can be very good, but it can also be very bad. I think the choice we make about the information we trust is very important too. Some forums (I won't name them) are less likely to be constructive and helpful. This forum is totally different. I rarely see any negativity form the members here and those that are negative, generally don't last long on here. This forum is more like a family or community which is how it should be.

At the end of the day, members on here were all beginners and all questioned our husbandry methods. We learned and we share our learning freely and so my final point is, keep asking questions, and there is no such thing as a stupid question btw, and this wonderful family and community, which I am proud to play a small part in, will gladly help give reassurance and best possible advice. :)

Soulman

What do you want,by writing this,you feel like a failure.This is your hobby not your life.out side from the hobby is your life.your family,your work ect.I don't no you you don't no me.so I can only think that maybe.People fail in all hobbys I have and it's cost me money.what ever the hobby it's going to be the same thing,you don't have to join a forum,but you did.why did you?to meet people of the same interest,yes you may not like what you read,but you don't have to.Doughnuts are every where they take out jobs and our council houses,sorry if I've upset you,or any one on this forum maybe that's not my place to say.Good luck in your hobby.

Soulman

Just trying to figure out if it's a typo or you actually meant to type that doughnuts are taking our jobs and council houses. Because that one really has me stumped.
It was to say douchbags but the ,as in tarantula described some people.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Don't worry we've all been there. If you need to ask for advice just ask no one here will shoot you down.

regalis

Seems like a few of us are in the same boat. I have only been keeping for around two years and I have opinions regarding T's. This combination doesn't go down well with the "T gods" :D im not in the "click" ......I'm absolutely devastated! HAHAHAHA

Some things I get right and a fair few things I got wrong and i am happy to learn and understand where i went wrong.

Keep going, keep talking and swapping ideas and experiences, opinions with the right people and you will do fine!

JayManges

There are snobs in every hobby. The goal is, not to become one of them.

JayManges

Seems like a few of us are in the same boat. I have only been keeping for around two years and I have opinions regarding T's. This combination doesn't go down well with the "T gods" :D im not in the "click" ......I'm absolutely devastated! HAHAHAHA

Some things I get right and a fair few things I got wrong and i am happy to learn and understand where i went wrong.

Keep going, keep talking and swapping ideas and experiences, opinions with the right people and you will do fine!
Yeah, but you are absolutely fearless. You don't allow others to push you around. At the end of the day, you are going to have it your way and that's all there is to it.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Might be going against the grain a little bit here but I feel sometimes on the forum people recieve information and take it as criticism not advice.

I’d personally be more inclined to take advice or change something in my own husbandry if it was suggested by a so called “T god” with decades of experience rather than someone relatively new to the hobby like myself.

I also find that people who have more experience are more willing to not get involved in a thread or give any information if it’s not from their own experience.

Soulman

Might be going against the grain a little bit here but I feel sometimes on the forum people recieve information and take it as criticism not advice.

I’d personally be more inclined to take advice or change something in my own husbandry if it was suggested by a so called “T god” with decades of experience rather than someone relatively new to the hobby like myself.

I also find that people who have more experience are more willing to not get involved in a thread or give any information if it’s not from their own experience.
The first part your spot on, The 2nd part,not All people with with experience.say the T-Gods not just this forum.mix with other T-Gods the people you would like to learn from and get help.Don't like newcomers,not another new member! They forget it's a forum not there personal chat room.don't dismiss a newcomer,they may no more than you think in your own hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts