• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Casey K's Tarantulas Review

Logan D

3 Year Member
I just received my male and female P.Regalis from Casey k and she even threw in a freebie all are in good health and very lively packing was perfect 5 stars will purchase from again hands down will post pictures after work :)

Last edited:

Logan D

3 Year Member
received_273274946857596.jpeg
20180925_111415.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Logan D

3 Year Member
It's called reptidirt not a fan of the cocofiber I do plan on putting plants in his enclosure the reptidirt helps keep plants alive but is safe for the animal and helps with humidity

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's called reptidirt not a fan of the cocofiber I do plan on putting plants in his enclosure the reptidirt helps keep plants alive but is safe for the animal and helps with humidity
Where do you order it from?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I usually buy it from my local pet store I can look and see if I can find an online you can buy it from

Thanks so much! :) I am tired of using coco fiber bricks (and it also comes in a bag) because it dries out too fast.

Logan D

3 Year Member
Thanks so much! :) I am tired of using coco fiber bricks (and it also comes in a bag) because it dries out too fast.
yeah coco fiber not the best by far this stuff comes dried as well but you add water to it and it holds it pretty well I watered the area around the plant about a week ago and its still wet

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was meaning the onr that has a link on my sugnsture....he one where there is a link to "my tarantulas" and "my photos" I can edit posts just cant see the signature (never have) I think @Kymura sorted it when I first joined bit not seen her for a while now come to think of it :(
still around babe, just health been bad so more lurking
<3 to the old crew~! Eight legged hugs to the newer guys and gals :p~!

Wasabiroot

Great communication! Bought a MF Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati, AF B. vagans, and AF O. aureotibialis.
All arrived in excellent condition. They were well fed, packed securely, and livened up as soon as they were unpacked. I'd recommend anyone purchase tarantulas from Casey.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awsome story coming...…..

Casey K is the bomb--no doubt about it. For those who are not yet convinced.....Listen to this.

Casey was kind enough to mail by USPS a young female C. lividum to me via my local post office. (Local post office so that I could sneak it in without alerting my wife--hee hee hee). Anyway, she packed it up Sunday. To be at my post office on Monday. I showed on Monday. Package still in South Carolina via tracking number. Casey tells me not to worry, there was a 72 hour hot pack in the parcel. So, I show up to the post office on Tuesday. Guess what?! The post office doesn't know where it is. No tracking for 24 hours. WTF??? Yo... Mr. Postman, Um, there is a live specimen in that parcel that your organization lost. By that time, the postmaster had my number and I had his.

Wednesday arrives. Express mail is now 48 hours late. Really not surprising, I guess. The US Government never fails to underwhelm me. I call the postmaster: no package. "Well, where is it?" "I don't kno w" "What do you mean you don't know!" "The last I know, the package was in South Carolina on Monday. There is no tracking beyond that" "Any chance it shows up later today?" "Nope". So, here I am ready to climb the bell tower with a green light saber.

Thursday. I show up at the post office. Same story. I tell the postmaster "Congratulations. You have just killed a live animal." I am losing hope of ever seeing it. By this time, Casey is contacting the post office and attempting to track it from her end.

Friday--I get a call from the postmaster during one of my surgical cases. It finally arrived!!! 4 days late, but there. I speed through my last 4 cases and make a beeline to the post office. I pick up my parcel and get it home as fast as possible. I begin to open the package. 20 minutes later, I get to the dram vial. (She packs it very very securely!!!!). I open the vial expecting the worst. I lifted the moistened gauze off the top. I see splayed hind legs that didn't seem to move. With no care for myself, I quickly expose the spider completely. It drops into my pre-prepared enclosure. Wait.....it moved!!!!!

She was lethargic but still alive! I leave it alone, but return 2 hours later to check on her. Still with me. I open the container to place some more water to further moisten the substrate. She was so grateful, she threw me a threat pose!!! I knew I was home free.

Casey is directly responsible for her survival. The heat pack was still warm. Her packing was exemplary. It took everything I had not to drive to South Carolina and give her a big hug!!!

What Casey does well: great pics of her merchandise
VERY communicative....and in my case, concerned
excellent packing
great genetics--Have you seen this woman?? Smokin!!!!!

Overall. A reputation well earned, and remade with every sale. She is my primary go to for anything T.

Here is a pic of my lividum happy in its new home. It had just had a nice cricket meal.

1548022553205.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awsome story coming...…..

Casey K is the bomb--no doubt about it. For those who are not yet convinced.....Listen to this.

Casey was kind enough to mail by USPS a young female C. lividum to me via my local post office. (Local post office so that I could sneak it in without alerting my wife--hee hee hee). Anyway, she packed it up Sunday. To be at my post office on Monday. I showed on Monday. Package still in South Carolina via tracking number. Casey tells me not to worry, there was a 72 hour hot pack in the parcel. So, I show up to the post office on Tuesday. Guess what?! The post office doesn't know where it is. No tracking for 24 hours. WTF??? Yo... Mr. Postman, Um, there is a live specimen in that parcel that your organization lost. By that time, the postmaster had my number and I had his.

Wednesday arrives. Express mail is now 48 hours late. Really not surprising, I guess. The US Government never fails to underwhelm me. I call the postmaster: no package. "Well, where is it?" "I don't kno w" "What do you mean you don't know!" "The last I know, the package was in South Carolina on Monday. There is no tracking beyond that" "Any chance it shows up later today?" "Nope". So, here I am ready to climb the bell tower with a green light saber.

Thursday. I show up at the post office. Same story. I tell the postmaster "Congratulations. You have just killed a live animal." I am losing hope of ever seeing it. By this time, Casey is contacting the post office and attempting to track it from her end.

Friday--I get a call from the postmaster during one of my surgical cases. It finally arrived!!! 4 days late, but there. I speed through my last 4 cases and make a beeline to the post office. I pick up my parcel and get it home as fast as possible. I begin to open the package. 20 minutes later, I get to the dram vial. (She packs it very very securely!!!!). I open the vial expecting the worst. I lifted the moistened gauze off the top. I see splayed hind legs that didn't seem to move. With no care for myself, I quickly expose the spider completely. It drops into my pre-prepared enclosure. Wait.....it moved!!!!!

She was lethargic but still alive! I leave it alone, but return 2 hours later to check on her. Still with me. I open the container to place some more water to further moisten the substrate. She was so grateful, she threw me a threat pose!!! I knew I was home free.

Casey is directly responsible for her survival. The heat pack was still warm. Her packing was exemplary. It took everything I had not to drive to South Carolina and give her a big hug!!!

What Casey does well: great pics of her merchandise
VERY communicative....and in my case, concerned
excellent packing
great genetics--Have you seen this woman?? Smokin!!!!!

Overall. A reputation well earned, and remade with every sale. She is my primary go to for anything T.

Here is a pic of my lividum happy in its new home. It had just had a nice cricket meal.

View attachment 34875
all good points, well made.
so not only did you sneak a lividum past your wife, I suspect she also didn't have editorial rights over the post either....pmsl

Latest posts