• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Casey K's Tarantulas Review

Jason101lol

3 Year Member
I recently purchased three t's from Casey, the shipping was cheap and the T's came all in perfect condition and everything was perfect, I will be ordering again! 5/5!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I purchased a P. Striata from Casey. She's a wonderful unsexed little sling. I also got some lat roaches, very small but ok. The arboreal enclosure was well made but very tight to open and close, far more so then the terrestrial ones.

I ended up using a Terra Blue professional series enclosure instead, but the accessories Carey provided with her's came in handy and look great.

All in all, I give her a perfect score.

I believe I got the last P. Striata on the site. She's a very calm spider, just as insensitive to light as my Klugi and far calmer then my Versicolor. It'll be interesting to see if that changes with molts and size increases etc.

Every spider is an individual and they can vary widely in temperament even within one species or even one egg sac. I'm not saying all Striatas are calm. Pokies have a reputation and she's still small.

One other important detail. The size of the sling was accurate and correct, neither much larger or much smaller.

I'm confused....I don't remember this transaction, lol... Either this has been a little while or this review belongs on someone else's thread....someone I'm sure will be thankful to have it there. :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got my H. pulchripes sling today from Casey K. As always, the post office messed up and I had to go there myself and pick it up hours after it was supposed to be here. Despite it being colder outside then its been in years due to the bomb cyclone, the 2 heat packs were both still 96.5 degrees and the T was fine, quite active. I have no doubt it'll be beautiful when it grows up.

I give Casey K a 10 out of 10 rating. She's excellent. The packing was beautiful.

Last edited:

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Received a male gbb from Casey today. Great price and arrived packed well. Won’t hesitate to buy more from her (again). Thanks Casey!

LittletHaus

3 Year Member
Purchased a trio of B albopilosum recently and was 100% happy with the purchase! All three Ts were well packed. She was super helpful and quickly answered my questions. A++ would buy from again.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Purchased a trio of B albopilosum recently and was 100% happy with the purchase! All three Ts were well packed. She was super helpful and quickly answered my questions. A++ would buy from again.

Hi there, sweety. I think you have the wrong review thread. I don't mind, lol....but it should go to the review thread of the person that deserves it. :)
@Enn49

LittletHaus

3 Year Member
Nah Girl! I got the link to this forum from you. I was on arachnoboards on a different name. I paid you for the trio via facebook pay. I believe this was last week I had the Ts shipped out. I just hadn't had a chance to make an account and comment :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nah Girl! I got the link to this forum from you. I was on arachnoboards on a different name. I paid you for the trio via facebook pay. I believe this was last week I had the Ts shipped out. I just hadn't had a chance to make an account and comment :)

Oh that's right! I didn't recognize your user name, lol. Sorry! :) Yeah the 2.1 albopilosum, lol. I'm just an honest person. I've had folks accidentally leave reviews under my thread that weren't mine. Thank you for the review and I wish you the best of luck at breeding and producing a healthy sac! :)

LittletHaus

3 Year Member
No problem! I should have let you know I'd have a different username. Glad I had the right name! Also I should message you shortly because you have additional spiders I'd like to buy :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No problem! I should have let you know I'd have a different username. Glad I had the right name! Also I should message you shortly because you have additional spiders I'd like to buy :)

Awesome! Thank you so much! Looking forward to it. :)

Itchyhands805

3 Year Member
Received my Chaco Golden Knee in the mail from Casey K today. Arrived a day early and the tarantula was packed amazingly. Overall great customer service and very satisfied. Would definitely recommend Casey to anyone and will definitely order from again!!!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered from Casey a while back (if you took advantage of the G. pulchra deal, you already know the details), anyway, they made it yesterday alive and well (nothing new there), packing was great as usual and the paper towel was still damp. I ordered four G. pulchra as well as three other species and behold there is an extra G. pulchra in there.

If you were put off by the long wait, don't worry about it, Casey is NOT the kind of seller to rip off buyers.

So now for the review: 20/10, 1000% positive, A+

I highly recommend Casey to anyone looking for a good deal.

Signed: a repeat customer AKA PanzoN88

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
Just echoing everything that has already been said in here. This was my first time buying from Casey but I had zero doubt that it would be a smooth transaction. Great packing and I even got an extra G. pulchra with my order. Will definitely be keeping an eye on Casey's stock for future purchases, 100% recommended.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I found this forum through the recommendation of a friend. I had asked if anyone knew of a good tarantula source, as I was looking for some G. pluchra slings to raise up, and Yvonne recommended I check out this forum. I've always been interested in other tarantula species too, but never really found any convenient avenues to learn and pursue it. I was thrilled to find this place and all the info it contains.

I started reading all sorts of threads. Found the for sale section and started browsing. Found Casey's ad for G. pulchra slings and it sounded great. I checked the "vendor reviews" section and every previous customer had great things to say about dealing with Casey. As soon as Josh approved and activated my membership here, I messaged Casey and asked if she still had any left. She did! I ordered her deal for 10 of them.

Now here is where it gets good. I am somewhat of an old curmudgeon and I don't like all this tech, and apps, and paying for stuff on computers and phones. In short, I can be a bit of a pain when figuring out the best way to pay a vendor. Casey was always patient and helpful with all of my non-sense. She was very tolerant of my idiosyncrasies and we worked it all out just fine. She sent my new slings literally the day the money came through and I got them safe and sound, and well packed the very next day.

Here I am unpacking the little cuties into the deli cups where they will spend the next few months at least, feasting upon roaches of several species.
IMG_5570.JPG

And a gratuitous baby pic just for fun:
IMG_5568.JPG

In summary, I give Casey an A+. I don't know what she could possibly have done to make our transaction any easier, more courteous, or more professional. And the product gets an A+ too!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you, Tom! It was a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to future transactions! :)

@Enn49 sweety I know I may ask this a bit too much of you but do you mind placing this in my review thread, please? Thank you so much! :)