• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok so I'm puzzled. I've had my Pterinochilus murinus RCF, Haya, since February this year, it first moulted on 23rd April then again on June 29th and now tonight I have found another fresh moult only 2 weeks later.
Anyone else had one moult so quickly?
View attachment 47638
2 weeks????.....barely hardened from the last one and probably only had one feed?

Never known that...especially at that size, maybe the spider 'knew' something not right with last one and corrected itself?

Just when you think you know them, they surprise you. Congrats anyway.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok so I'm puzzled. I've had my Pterinochilus murinus RCF, Haya, since February this year, it first moulted on 23rd April then again on June 29th and now tonight I have found another fresh moult only 2 weeks later.
Anyone else had one moult so quickly?
View attachment 47638

Only species I've had molt that fast was D. diamantinensis and I mean the molting was 3-4 weeks apart from previous molt.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, I've had them moult 3-4 weeks apart before but I can honestly say this one made me double check my records and previous posts in this thread.

You make them fatties by feeding them a tremendous amount of food. They have no choice. :) Hehehe

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Meta, my Psalmopoeus emeraldus has just moulted

DSCF2981 (2).JPG

shaun

3 Year Member
My avic avic sling had been spending a few days on the floor. I thought he was on his way out but then noticed that he was webbing all over the floor.
Caught him this morning turning on his back. Have been checking on him all day, watching him molt. Awesome, hopefully tomorrow he will be sorted.

Seamus

3 Year Member
My avic avic sling had been spending a few days on the floor. I thought he was on his way out but then noticed that he was webbing all over the floor.
Caught him this morning turning on his back. Have been checking on him all day, watching him molt. Awesome, hopefully tomorrow he will be sorted.
Thats exactly what my avic avic sling did

Latest posts