• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

timc

3 Year Member
2A86972E-7BC3-49F5-ABC7-4F1F61BA6DBA.jpeg

Brachypelma klassi!!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
was purchased as a sling from an 'independent' at BTS 2018 as B baumgarteni but the more I see the more it is likely B hamorii which is a bit of shame but hey ho, I can only assume original seller passed on information unwittingly and didn't intentionally try to deceive.
20200630_202615.jpg

Nunua

3 Year Member
Brachypelma auratum gave me a surprise molt today. It molted last time on May 4, and before that in August -19. Now the missing leg has regenerated more and is just slightly lighter than other legs :)
054d8ec178.png

Also it seems that I have another girl in the house :D Unfortunately my phone didn't like to focus on the spermatheca through the jeweler's loop.
05e46c7e70.png

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
2 more today. My juvi B baumgarteni, which last molted in March has just molted again!! And feeding my slings I found a molt in the Phormictopus atrichomatus enclosure & an active little charmer it was too, getting out onto my hand for a walk, not once, but twice.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 more today. My juvi B baumgarteni, which last molted in March has just molted again!! And feeding my slings I found a molt in the Phormictopus atrichomatus enclosure & an active little charmer it was too, getting out onto my hand for a walk, not once, but twice.
Is the baumgarteni sexed?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is the baumgarteni sexed?

It is a male, about 3.5 inches when diagonally. I need to talk to my wife before I PM you about our male, as they are not all mine. And my works long days, or nights.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is a male, about 3.5 inches when diagonally. I need to talk to my wife before I PM you about our male, as they are not all mine. And my works long days, or nights.
just remind her that its the destiny for every male to keep the genetic lines running.....ha ha
that's what I have 4 kids!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Lasiodora parahybana, Pip, moulted during the night.

Just as I was going to bed at 1am I spotted her on her back
DSCF2901 (2).JPG

Checked on her at 11am to find her looking legless, obviously only just flipped back over and not got those legs working yet.
DSCF2902 (2).JPG

By 1.15pm she'd straightened herself out
DSCF2903 (2).JPG

Latest posts