• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My male M balfouri molted last night & seems to have had a personality change too. Normally he is laid back & calm, this morning he is feisty as hell. Hopefully once the king has settled into his new clothes, he will calm down again.
balfourimolt1.jpg

Last edited:
E

ExMember

Looks like my Brachypelma auratum Jabba moulted sometime in the last day or two. I found him upside down in what appeared to be a death curl. Catch is that he was at the top of a hill in his pill jar on his back. I don't think that would occur so I got a light out and saw something moving behind him! My guess is he either used gravity to slide out of his exoskeleton or he just pushed it up the hill to maximize yoga space.

My hope for Jabba is that he will soon realize that he has a whole enclosure instead of this tiny pill jar. Been trying to get him out of there for months lol!
20200216_195424.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
One of my Chaetopelma olivaceum slings was on it's back molting last night & then this morning it was separate from the molt, but dead :(

Today is the first time I've clicked on this thread for a week. I referenced your C olivaceum slings on another thread, without having any idea this had happened. Terrible timing in my part. Really very sorry for your loss. :(

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Looks like my Brachypelma auratum Jabba moulted sometime in the last day or two. I found him upside down in what appeared to be a death curl. Catch is that he was at the top of a hill in his pill jar on his back. I don't think that would occur so I got a light out and saw something moving behind him! My guess is he either used gravity to slide out of his exoskeleton or he just pushed it up the hill to maximize yoga space.

My hope for Jabba is that he will soon realize that he has a whole enclosure instead of this tiny pill jar. Been trying to get him out of there for months lol!View attachment 44331

I have no idea why you named it Jabba.........lol :)

Latest posts