• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 x P Pulcher and a B smithi
IMG_4499.JPG

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I went to mist my wifes Psalmopoeus irminia last night & it was on it's back on top of all of it's webbing. This morning I got a very brief glimps of shiney new T as it scurried away from sight.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B18086E1-D613-437D-A8FA-1358C2562028.jpeg

3 shown are (smallest to largest) Lp ,A Genic (first sexable moult and it’s female :)) T Stirmi (99% sure male but moult was torn badly)

Another Lp moulted along with a C Olivaceum and a P El Salvador that’s currently flipped so fingers crossed

Huntzman90

3 Year Member
My Caribena Laeta molted today. Sorry not the best quality picture as i am using my phone and she webbed the **** out of her enclosure lol She was moving around her enclosure for a bit and she looks great.

Really happy with this one. Some of you may or may not remember that I nearly lost this T several months ago due to poor husbandry. Thanks to the wonderful people on this forum I was given advice which gave her a second chance. She is doing great now and has been webbing and eating like a champ :)

20200317_164348.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How do you find out if a OBT has molted? I am almost positive there is a molt within the webbing, but I am not keen on destroying the webbing to see. Plus I do not want to upset them, by poking about in there, partly because, they are not called OBT's for nothing. And partly because I hate destroying all of that hard work & possibly disturbing them close to a molt. Also that webbing is strong & I am not sure I will be able to remove a delicate molt from it, or not easily.

Latest posts