• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Nunua

3 Year Member
Anki - Sericopelma angustum molted today :) I checked the molt and this little kid is a suspect male

dbde92635d.png

Also Pterinochilus lapalala seems to be molted as well but it's in the middle of its web lair so no photos yet.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the moults. Both of them are in great condition especially the baumgarteni. Do you ever display any of your old moults?

I bet the S. cal is gorgeous. Have you sexed it?
I'm hoping the S. Calc is female but it's not that clear so gonna have to wait for next moult.. I very rarely see it out and about :(
The baumgarteni is a little cutie and is always sitting on a leaf :)
I have soo many moults over the last few months I end up putting them all in a container as it seems a shame to throw them away :) if I get a really decent sized moult in a good condition I would certainly consider framing it

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'm hoping the S. Calc is female but it's not that clear so gonna have to wait for next moult.. I very rarely see it out and about :(
The baumgarteni is a little cutie and is always sitting on a leaf :)
I have soo many moults over the last few months I end up putting them all in a container as it seems a shame to throw them away :) if I get a really decent sized moult in a good condition I would certainly consider framing it

I'm saving mine too. Even the slings as I'm hoping to eventually display the whole progression from sling to adult. I get really annoyed when a leg or a palp gets broken off! It happens often. I keep the bits with the moult in case I'm able to glue it back on lol

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I'm hoping to eventually display the whole progression from sling to adult.

THROWBACK! This was my very first tarantula given to me almost 12 years ago by @J.huff23. I was super fortunate to have gotten every molt and he matured after 5 years. Not to be dramatic, but as far as this hobby goes, it is one of my most prized possessions.

871DE499-9E69-457A-B767-BBAD78E4AD4F.jpeg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
THROWBACK! This was my very first tarantula given to me almost 12 years ago by @J.huff23. I was super fortunate to have gotten every molt and he matured after 5 years. Not to be dramatic, but as far as this hobby goes, it is one of my most prized possessions.

View attachment 42326
That's great.. Lovely to be able to look at the size difference between each moult.. I would be proud of it too if it were mine :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club

View attachment 42326

If I could have loved that post and wowed it I would have lol. That looks great and is exactly what I am hoping to achieve in time. Do you still have this t?

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
That's great.. Lovely to be able to look at the size difference between each moult.. I would be proud of it too if it were mine :)

It had a good jump in size each time by the looks. Good to see in a slow growing species. Though there may be a long time between moults at least they are worth the wait.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
You guys have inspired me to share my recent ones, from the last 4 weeks:

Dolothele diamantinensis -Mr Usain Bolt.

IMG-20191121-WA0005.jpg

Here's another picture of it a little later
IMG-20191121-WA0002.jpg

Brachypelma smithi

IMG_20191128_192015~3.jpg

Tlitocatl albopilosum Nicaraguan - The Miner

Moulted in its burrow so this pic is when it first emerged.

IMG_20191118_222237~2.jpg

T. albo, which I've had back from my friend to raise on for it (I may end up keeping lol) moulted the day after I brought it home. This one is half the size of my 2 even though they are all sack mates. I think temps played a part.

Here's it's moult compared to one of mine.

IMG_20191127_230024~2.jpg

My daughter's T. albo - Frisk

Caught it nearly finished moulting. It's this one's moult in the comparison photo above.

IMG_20191122_233239~2.jpg

FishboyUK

Totally agree, but in this case the plastic had degraded and there was a leak.

Nice fix, but those are probably easier to acquire in the US. I'm assuming you mean the little syringes with the needle attached? In the UK, you can't buy anything like that over the counter. Doctors prescription only. Well, unless you register with a needle exchange, and as much as I love my tarantulas, there is a limit... haha
You can buy needles on eBay no probs. I only know because i got some for injecting fish oil into my cod baits.