• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what species

DOS1392

Heres a new, clearer photo. It was so dehydrated before which didnt help. Anyone got any better ideas

Attachments

• 20200718_131006.jpg
    20200718_131006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Im going against the grain and still agree with my first thought of L. Klugi :)
Poor little guy only having 7 legs! :(

Not enough setae on the legs, sweety. It would be more "fluffy" in the legs and the setae would be pink in color. :) Photo below for reference. Screen shot of Google search.

Screenshot_20200718-104514_Chrome.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not enough setae on the legs, sweety. It would be more "fluffy" in the legs and the setae would be pink in color. :) Photo below for reference. Screen shot of Google search.

View attachment 47802
Thanks casey :) I'm just going by what I originally thought and availablity of them vs the acanthoscurria you mentioned I'm no expert ... Definitely not a vagans either way lol
At the end of the day whatever he is I guess theres no way he's being bred from just be a nice MM to keep in the collection :)
@DOS1392 are you still sending him to Phil for inspection?

DOS1392

Hopefully i get all the transfer papers when i get home. As its from a wildlife centre they had to keep all the paperwork for it and its all being sent to me so hopefully i do find out soon. And if it does have someothing other than a.gen written on it then i think it should be correct so if thats the case he will be moving on

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hopefully i get all the transfer papers when i get home. As its from a wildlife centre they had to keep all the paperwork for it and its all being sent to me so hopefully i do find out soon. And if it does have someothing other than a.gen written on it then i think it should be correct so if thats the case he will be moving on

If they mention anything about the locality or where the tarantula was retrieved from, that would play a major role in helping to identify it so pay close attention to locality. :)

DOS1392

Got home after a 3 hour drive. Managed to measure it. Deffo bigger than i though. Easily pushing 7 inches

Attachments

• 20200718_211619.jpg
    20200718_211619.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 11

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Deffo not a carapoensis and at 7” I would say it’s not a vagans.
I tend to stick to the arguement of if you don’t know 100% then don’t breed it.

DOS1392

Deffo not a carapoensis and at 7” I would say it’s not a vagans.
I tend to stick to the arguement of if you don’t know 100% then don’t breed it.
I have already pointed out that if im not 100% sure. Or if i dont get the transfer paperwork from the wildlife centre i got it from, then i wont be breeding it, im well aware of the the impact to the hobby, i was moreso trying to find out what it was because the smuck that worked there called it a brazilian white knee

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have already pointed out that if im not 100% sure. Or if i dont get the transfer paperwork from the wildlife centre i got it from, then i wont be breeding it, im well aware of the the impact to the hobby, i was moreso trying to find out what it was because the smuck that worked there called it a brazilian white knee

Not a vagans for damn sure. I'm still sticking to my guns on this one and saying MM Acanthoscurria chacoana. MM A. geniculata get that size.

Latest posts