• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other pets do you currently have?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thought I would post some pictures (since Karina is being less than co-operative for photo shoots); First picture is our dog, Jinx. Second pic is Luna, I rescued him when he was approx. 6 days old and abandoned by his mom. Next we have Lucyfur, I rescued her back in 2001. Then we have Flea, she's from the same litter as Lucyfur, but was rescued by my roommate at the time; she asked me to babysit her for the summer a few years back and then never came back for her. And the last picture is our two foster Guinea Pigs; Cutie (orange and white) and Nickel. 508805963.jpg088.JPG054.JPG002.JPGIMG_0946.JPG

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awww...I love it! My Chihuahua, Elvis, loves Guinea Pigs! He loves kitties too, but I am deathly allergic to them. I am pretty dang allergic to dogs too though... :(

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love your Chi's name, so cute! Get a Sphinx; no hair to be allergic to LOL :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's actually the saliva that most folks are allergic to. :( I would love a naked wrinkled kitty! But the not breathing part would suck...

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Elvis's name is actually Elvis Enchilada. He is almost 3 and has yet to hit the five pound mark. I am not a small dog person, but got him when a friend's Chi had 13 pups and couldn't feed them all. We took them in shifts to bottle feed and when it came time for the pups to find homes I was hopelessly bonded to the runt...

I kept thinking he was smaller than an enchilada. I keep thinking he needed a big name with lots of personality. I finally came up with the name on night, blurted it out, and it stuck.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah...dead kitties aren't much fun. I never knew that; about the saliva.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Elvis's name is actually Elvis Enchilada. He is almost 3 and has yet to hit the five pound mark. I am not a small dog person, but got him when a friend's Chi had 13 pups and couldn't feed them all. We took them in shifts to bottle feed and when it came time for the pups to find homes I was hopelessly bonded to the runt...

I kept thinking he was smaller than an enchilada. I keep thinking he needed a big name with lots of personality. I finally came up with the name on night, blurted it out, and it stuck.
LOL that's an awesome name!! I know exactly what you mean about the bond when you bottle feed. Luna was my bottle-baby. His eyes weren't even open when I got him. I was given a less than 1% survival chance for him....bottle fed him and kept him under a heat lamp (he was my practice baby too, since I was 6 months pregnant when I got him), feeding him every 2 hours. By the time he got to 'adoptable' age there was just no way I could let him go.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Elvis is my problem child. He is the sweetest, friendliest dog I have ever met. But he is hypoglycemic. He forgets to eat, or gets too into playing, and starts shaking and crashes. I have to give him syrup, or if he's unconscious, a shot of glucose.

He also has a bad knee, and living in a 3 story house is not the best for him. But he enjoys being carried around, lol.

It just kills me to think of what I would do if something ever happened to him.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Poor puppy :( He's lucky he has a great owner to take care of him and make sure he's ok! Luna got very sick and ended up needing surgery...it's so hard when your 'babies' aren't doing well; scary and helpless feeling.

KieraKittie

3 Year Member
Prince Borislave the First, AKA: Boris, our 9 months old Newfoundland, pure breed.

PA200832.jpg

Dixie (2 yearish?*rescued*) is the short haired Begal/Collie mix, Samson (14 years) is the Longer hair Collie/Shelty/****er mix
SAmDixie.jpg

Ozzy is a white Lionhead/Mini rex rescue, and Little Dandy (Dandelion) my holland lop.
P5230035.jpg

Also have a 37 Gallon Community fish tank, mostly because I love my Rhino Pleco, I plan to have a 120 Gallon by Summer next year to put the pleco in, and turn the 37 gallon more into a planted tank.
P6210263.jpg

P6210270.jpg

And of course, a cat or two to top it off. Cyric's mother was a rescue, though I tried to find him a home since I am not to fond of cat's he grew on me like fungus and has since stayed. We are pretty good buddys, he is more outdoor than indoor now a days, we both prefer it that way. We also have a black cat who is also a rescue named Monte Carlo SS (Super Sassy) He is old, 13 or 14 and sleeps in the music room till night fall, comes out to eat and vanishes come daylight, I forget we have him half the time. Ignore the mess in his picture that was right before we moved.

472668_3080693048794_971191954_o.jpg

180702_1706235368211_7134924_n.jpg

Listershat

3 Year Member
The kids have fish a stick insect and a hamster, and we have this soppy Staffie 'Oscar'. He ruptured a disc in his spine last October, was dragging his legs whilst heavily doped up for a while but he's walking again now, albeit a bit wobbly. Unfortunately he had some nerve damage, his bladders fine now but if he gets excited he has trouble controlling his bowels still, (really hoping that'll sort itself out!).
Oscarjune113.JPG

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol I read that has "the kids have a pet fish stick" and had to reread it several times....

Love the pup! I did pit bull rescue here for years! I love the guys. :)

Latest posts