• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to Tarantula Forum!

southeastgunguy

3 Year Member
Hello everyone I'm new to tarantulas and just recently got my first T 5/1/2014 she's a sub adult female G. rosea. She is very docile and very beautiful, I'm addicted already. Any suggestions or advice would be awesome.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello everyone I'm new to tarantulas and just recently got my first T 5/1/2014 she's a sub adult female G. rosea. She is very docile and very beautiful, I'm addicted already. Any suggestions or advice would be awesome.

Hello and welcome, may you enjoy it here with us. Feel free to ask as many questions you feel need be, and remember if you aren't having fun 100% you're wasting your time haha.

gixxer01

3 Year Member
Hello new guy here
20140525_233553.jpg

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Hello. I have owned tarantula's since high school. I am finally joining a forum to learn more about them. I currently have two tarantula's, a Rose Hair I've had since 1999, and a Chaco Golden Knee I bought as a baby in 2009.

desert voice

3 Year Member
hey josh--thanks for the welcome.
ok. i actually think tarantulas are wonderful and i get really excited to see them, just as i do snakes, rattlers and non-poisonous ones. the thing is this: i can't bring myself to really handle them, maybe a non-poisonous snake and definitely lizards are ok. so, all this to say, i did something i know better than to do but i couldn't help myself. i rescued a tarantula from a tarantula hawk and i've been caring for it for 4 or 5 days now but i realize one day, it will probably come to its senses, so to speak and start moving at which point i don't know if i can overcome my concerns. right now i move it around but use damp paper towels and i'm just not comfortable with handling a mobile tarantula. i really love this little creature. named her miss scarlet. i think it's a "her", but haven't investigated the subject too far. anyway, 2 things. one, do you know of any tarantula enthusiast groups in the general sedona area that might help me out? and 2, in the meantime, i've been trying to give it water like i've seen on the internet but it doesn't seem to go anywhere, even when i break down the water tension. i keep her in a small plastic berry container with slightly damp paper towels and form a little damp hut with another paper towel over the top. i've put a weak solution of essential oils in the box in case it might help her but very low concentration since the physiology is quite different and i don't want to cause other problems. i "paint" water on her body with a soft artists brush because i read they can dry out. jeez. i really knew better. i knew i'd fuss over her and worry a lot which is what's happening and now i don't know if i can help once she's mobile. can you help? i tried to post on the tarantula society forum but the still have to approve my submission.

i'm not sure where to post to get a reply from someone. hope this goes to the top. i need some advice and help soon. also, unfortunately, since i wrote the above tale, i realize that miss scarlet must have lost one of her front legs in the wasp confrontation, at least one is missing for some reason, so possibly recovery to release won't be a possibility at all. anyway, any words of wisdom will be soooo welcome. thanks

JoseGT

3 Year Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Jose i am living in the USA and i am more than happy to join to this forum, i need your help, i have been strugling to get a true t blondi goliath (preferably if its a spiderling) anyways, if someone on here can get me one i'd be more than excited!!!

Thanks!

adz07

3 Year Member
Just a post to say hi, new to the forum and have just purchased my first T a Chilean rose spider long
Adam

JTarantulas

3 Year Member
Hello everyone! Great that i found this forum :)

Im 17 years old boy from Finland, from the land of penguins and polarbears! Okay, not really.. :D But yea, I'm very interested about tarantulas/other spiders. I think I'm kind of beginner. I have just a few tarantulas, B.vagans (ls about 1.5"), A.geniculata (ls almost 1") and P.murinus (OBT RCF, ls about 2.5"). My english skills arent the best, so dont judge me :) ... Anyway, great to be here!

Last edited:

C.Woods

3 Year Member
hi everyone, i have been browsing this site and noticed the great advice people give. i joined this site because i have owned three tarantulas and the mexican red knee that i have now according to reseach seems to be ready to moult, i am unaware if it may be just deteriorating due to lack of eating or if it is at the pre-shed time. here are some pics of how the tarantula is acting daily, i dare not to feed it due to the fact that they shouldnt be disturbed, i have only had this tarantula two months and do not want to lose it as it really is a beauty when its active , thanks if anyone can help.

Steve123

3 Year Member
Hello, TarantulaForum members and visitors. I'm originally from the midwest, but moved to New England for education and work. However, for the past almost 6 years I've been at home, taking care of my son, which started when he was three. I collected my first T during this time, Aphonopelma chalcodes. I don't know the current spider or species count; it's in daily flux anyhow. I hope to share photos of my collection with y'all. I'm here to learn and contribute when able. Cheers! -Steve

hellknite

3 Year Member
hi. I'm new here. I am from the islands of the Philippines. I was into the tarantula hobby just a year ago. I wanted to take it to the next level and learn about it more.

orange bity thing

3 Year Member
Hai guys im new here

and can someone help me ?
i want to know the growth rate of p.metallica

Attachments

• 20140913_154336.jpg
    20140913_154336.jpg
    817.3 KB · Views: 28

mark mchugh

3 Year Member
hey im new here, and I need help learning about this forum if there is messeging here or if somebody here could help me out get started that would be great!!! :)

Latest posts