• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tong feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis

3 Year Member
I mean, that's cool and everything. Not trying to put anyone down, but why dip the tongs yourself? Exo-Terra has them premanufactured, for around 10 bucks. That would probably just be easier. My very first feeding of P. Murinus, was done by hand last night. I'm thinking maybe 2nd or third instar? I could be wrong about the age, for sure, but it's about the size of a nickel. So, I don't know. I am certainly not an expert either. I'm more interested in finding correct information, than trying to tell people what I think I know, when I am obviously a beginner.
I have a few tongs, bamboo and metal. I have extra rubber from another project I was doing. I tried and it works. I did it for gripping of Dubais. I just don't think its a big deal.

Tnoob

I have a few tongs, bamboo and metal. I have extra rubber from another project I was doing. I tried and it works. I did it for gripping of Dubais. I just don't think its a big deal.
I just have bamboo, and my T's are really small. I find it easier just to use my hands right now. Maybe when I get a larger T the size of the feeder will be easier to manipulate with the tongs. OW's are supprisingly shy at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.