• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tong feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna

3 Year Member
Hey everyone it's okay, no need to throw hairs over the situation;)

We as a community discourage metal tongs, and recommend other options. However, if you wish to plastic dip them then do it and let us know how it works out. Most likely everything will be fine. Just feel free to keep us all updated!

Also, welcome to the community.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes I have and it works great to hold on to a roach. People are so quick to be high and mighty standing on their thrones talking down to you for asking the question. Not all but a lot of the comments felt like that to me.
I use my tongs to put roaches in their habitat. I also have fed one of my Ts before, big fricking deal. Not all Ts do hunting too, some just wait to ambush their prey. I am far some expert talking here. I have a dozen Ts for a couple years now, again, no expert just my opinion. Dipping the tips works great!
:rolleyes:

Tink

I know they sell pre dipped tongs, and I’m planning on getting bamboo tongs. I just got these and have a can of dip-it, I use on clean tools. It’s pretty easy to do just dip it once or twice and let dry. I don’t tong feed all my Ts just a couple, and I have two that know what the tongs are for and attack them when I put the crickets in. For all the people who don’t, that’s your choice, but I don’t ask if you tong feed, I ask if anyone use dip-it. If it make you mad, and you feel the need to point it out that it bad, you need to read the question again. As for tong feeding Tom big spiders, has video of doing it. I’m know expert, but I feel like he maybe.

Tink

The thing is I didn’t ask for advice to tong feed or not, I ask about dipping the tong tips in plastic dip. You all took it upon yourself to tell me the evils of tong feeding. If you didn’t dip your tongs then don’t answer.

Tink

There are to many people trying to force their opinions on people. If this makes the expert mad I don’t care. I ask a question about one thing, and got answers about another. If you wish to remove me from this forum go ahead.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The thing is I didn’t ask for advice to tong feed or not, I ask about dipping the tong tips in plastic dip. You all took it upon yourself to tell me the evils of tong feeding. If you didn’t dip your tongs then don’t answer.

Ok, but you should understand that our priorities here are the safety of the Ts so any suggestion of tong feeding will be replied to with the advice not to as your T may get seriously hurt and you will only have yourself to blame.

There are to many people trying to force their opinions on people. If this makes the expert mad I don’t care. I ask a question about one thing, and got answers about another. If you wish to remove me from this forum go ahead.

No one is forcing their opinions on you, you are free to endanger your T if you wish. If you don't like good advice be warned other forums will treat you much more harshly than we have.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I told you to remove me if you like, but you can keep your advice to yourself.

We don't ban people on here unless they break forum rules, which you haven't but may I ask why you entitled the thread Tong Feeding if that wasn't your question?

Tink

That was my mistake, it should have been does anyone dip their tongs. Because I was not aware that people could get past the title, and read the question. It’s a mistake I will not make again.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I told you most plastic dips are toxic...
Buy a pair of tongs with removable guards.
15564663961384105807576796197690.jpg
and by the way your thread page says "tong feeding". This implies that you are feeding your Ts by way of tongs and that's why you want to dip them. o_O

Tink

I told you most plastic dips are toxic...
Buy a pair of tongs with removable guards. View attachment 36850 and by the way your thread page says "tong feeding". This implies that you are feeding your Ts by way of tongs and that's why you want to dip them. o_O
You feel free to disregard any of my future post. Because I will disregard any of your advice.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It’s my post I’ll ask what I want, you can feel free not to join in.
@Tink It maybe your post -But its everybodys forum,people are here to help one another with advice and look after our Ts as best as we can-
unfortunately you are over opinionated and extremely rude -so my advice would be to join another forum elsewhere and see how they respond to your attitude
I trust the knowledge and experience of the many long time keepers on this forum its your choice not to listen to others good advice

Tink

@Tink It maybe your post -But its everybodys forum,people are here to help one another with advice and look after our Ts as best as we can-
unfortunately you are over opinionated and extremely rude -so my advice would be to join another forum elsewhere and see how they respond to your attitude
I trust the knowledge and experience of the many long time keepers on this forum its your choice not to listen to others good advice
Feel free mind your own business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts