• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

They're here at last - Update

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Most Ts moult without any problem so don't worry.

The old exo is so tiny (the tweezers are cosmetic ones)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
omgosh! so tiny! I think i'm going to keep some of the molts (smallest ones) and sit them down and pour lucite over them.
So I can look back once they are grown.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
omgosh! so tiny! I think i'm going to keep some of the molts (smallest ones) and sit them down and pour lucite over them.
So I can look back once they are grown.

I keep all mine in delis, one for each T. It's fascinating to tip them out and see how much that T has grown.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep all mine in delis, one for each T. It's fascinating to tip them out and see how much that T has grown.
so, they keep? I thought they would just disintegrate over time. Didn't realize they could be kept like that :)
now however....;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
so, they keep? I thought they would just disintegrate over time. Didn't realize they could be kept like that :)
now however....;)

They are a little fragile when they dry out but just be gentle with them and don't handle too much

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad that it managed it so quickly ^*^
I live in fear of mine molting lol
Molting turns out fine most of the time. U just hear the horror stories...molting is a good thing, means ur spider is healthy and growing. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
wish I could borrow him to look at mine, have 4 kids from 20 - 38 and not ONE of them wants to even look at my T's lol

My 3 kids are 32-40. Eldest daughter can't even look at them, youngest son just thinks I'm mad but the middle one has 2 Ts of his own and in fact got me interested in them

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My 3 kids are 32-40. Eldest daughter can't even look at them, youngest son just thinks I'm mad but the middle one has 2 Ts of his own and in fact got me interested in them
My family basically ignores the fact that I have 36 tarantulas. They look at them sometimes but I'm quite sure they think I have a screw loose :) Nephew likes them though.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well, these 2 seem to be settling well, both eating well and the N. sp Suriname, Kalina has started building a wall of web and substrate.

N. sp Suriname, Kalina

S. calceatum, Peanut.

Latest posts