• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

They're here at last - Update

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Finally my 2 new Ts have arrived this afternoon. As usual from Spiders World.eu, extremely well packed.

The cardboard box contains a polystyrene box packed with kitchen towel containing the vials.

S. calceatum, Peanut, 1st instar. Boy did this one give me the run around rehousing it although it never made it out of the cricket tub I used as 1st defence but it took 4 attempts.

N. sp Suriname, Kalina, also 1st instar . No problems rehousing this little one, it just walked off the kitchen towel into the vial. This one is my early Christmas present from my son.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
oh my gosh! how adorable are they!
So looking forward to seeing the S. calceatum grow!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
oh my gosh! how adorable are they!
So looking forward to seeing the S. calceatum grow!

They are adorable aren't they? I fell for the S. calceatum as soon as I saw it, I hadn't expected it to be such a fur ball after just 1 moult.

The good news is the little Suriname has already eaten a pinhead cricket.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome Enn!! Glad they finally got there. nice looking spiders. :) Congrats. and let us know how the featherleg does...lol thats probably the tarantula i feel the most wherry about. o_O

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are adorable aren't they? I fell for the S. calceatum as soon as I saw it, I hadn't expected it to be such a fur ball after just 1 moult.

The good news is the little Suriname has already eaten a pinhead cricket.
Thats great! So happy they are settling well :)
Love fuzzy T's, My poor little B albo is still naked and ugly lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awesome Enn!! Glad they finally got there. nice looking spiders. :) Congrats. and let us know how the featherleg does...lol thats probably the tarantula i feel the most wherry about. o_O

I was getting worried that they were going to spend the weekend in transit as the postie was late. I'll be honest I'd put off getting a featherleg for a year because of the reports I'd read about them.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was getting worried that they were going to spend the weekend in transit as the postie was late. I'll be honest I'd put off getting a featherleg for a year because of the reports I'd read about them.
I truely think they are gorgeous, I'm hoping in a couple years ill be confident enough in my ability to get one ^^
Meanwhile I'm going to enjoy vicariously through yours lol

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OMG, not fair: First there was dozens of puppies in our local park and now your showing off eight legged cuteness. Broodiness overload lol!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Checked on them this morning to find Kalina, the N. sp Suriname chomping on another pinhead cricket

Last night I found the S. calceatum, Peanut, in a tight ball floating in the middle of its water bowl, panic..... using the rounded end of the tweezers I gently lifted it. It clambered up the side and stayed there. This morning there is no sign of the tiny cricket I'd left it last night and Peanut is hiding under the cork bark.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Frightened me reading the first part of that,
glad they are both eating for you now ^*^

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Frightened me reading the first part of that,
glad they are both eating for you now ^*^

It scared me too even though I know it's said that they don't drown in water bowls. I'd sprayed the side of its container too but it had ignored that and gone for the bowl whereas Kalina drank from the side of the vial as soon as I'd rehoused it. I guess they were both hungry after their long trip but it's always good when they take that first feed.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In a ball in his water bowl? That's unreal..I've never had one do that. I've always given slings water dishes, even the tiny ones get bottle caps. Now I have something else to worry about..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In a ball in his water bowl? That's unreal..I've never had one do that. I've always given slings water dishes, even the tiny ones get bottle caps. Now I have something else to worry about..

There wasn't much water in so it could have put its feet down but it did freak me when it was all curled up, so tiny, but as soon as I put the tweezers under it, it reacted, opened out and reached for the side of the bowl. I presume it would have been ok if I'd left it but I was just going to bed and would have lain awake worrying about it if I hadn't got it moving.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There wasn't much water in so it could have put its feet down but it did freak me when it was all curled up, so tiny, but as soon as I put the tweezers under it, it reacted, opened out and reached for the side of the bowl. I presume it would have been ok if I'd left it but I was just going to bed and would have lain awake worrying about it if I hadn't got it moving.
Ahh, ok..he was just soaking up some moisture then :) Slings make everyone a little jumpy, lol. Your post made the hair raise up on the back of my neck..

Latest posts