• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
What a day. First molt was abit of a suprise really, one of my juvenile g.pulchras molted today, the suprise was that it only molted in august and has only eaten twice since then so i wasnt expecting a molt lol. Next molt was my sub adult male gbb, hes been in premolt for awhile.
255a9f08d4e00d65e61adf11951a2fb6.jpg

dcee6c038c0ba50dca46f1898255f8d3.jpg

Third, and its about time lol, my adult female a.metallica who has been in premolt forever, it was a relief that she has molted now, i can begin my search for a mature male [emoji4] ive not managed to get a pic of her as she is still inside her web, but she kindly pushed out her molt for me so i grabbed it. Measured at 5.5" [emoji50]
581f3a4e0274aeb79bc303c0dd09ee35.jpg

Last one of today, but not quite finished is my other t.stirmi sling. Not got a pic as i didnt want to disturb it.

So 4 molts and 2 successful pairings, its been a very exciting day really [emoji2]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had a couple of moults over the last few days but no photos of the Ts yet. First was my Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan, Tahm, and yesterday my son's little Brachypelma smithi, Nevado.

Nevado's moult is just so tiny

Latest posts