• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Ceratogyrus darlingi, Saan, has moulted today only 4 days after its arrival and I think maybe my Orphnaecus sp Blue Panay, Taal, has moulted too although all it's thrown out so far is the carapace.
DSCF7185 (3).JPG

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my G. pulchripes hasn't left her burrow in about 4 months. I took her hide out a few weeks ago to check on her, glad i did cause she had molted as was super thin. She's eating like my genic now ;)

And my son's G. pulchra decided to molt on us last night while in his burrow.
20161004_225457[1].jpg

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my G. pulchripes hasn't left her burrow in about 4 months. I took her hide out a few weeks ago to check on her, glad i did cause she had molted as was super thin. She's eating like my genic now ;)

And my son's G. pulchra decided to molt on us last night while in his burrow.
View attachment 19598
I hope the little suntiger sling isnt burrowed for months. I want to check on it but i dont wnt to harm it digging it out at the same time.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My B. emilia molted last night. I'll have to get a pic of her new clothes tomorrow. All the pics I tried tonight were to dark or the flash ruined them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had 2 moults yesterday but I've not seen either of the Ts yet. Holothele sanguiniceps, Arima, and Omothymus schioedtei, Lapan, both just threw their old exos out of their burrows

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My wee tiny GBB~Mochima molted as did my Monocentropus balfouri ~Tazith and Augacephalus ezendami~Shuqara.

Fingers crossed guys and gals that I don't lose these like I did Kalipso.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P irminia babies in my personal experience seem to like to stay hidden, I catch glimpses of mine :/ They are growing like bad weeds though :)[/i
look at the dram at its in the substrate somewhere. Im new to Ts its a bit concerning something may be wrong. But hearing you have similar issues with this species has me a little more reinsured. Thank you for your post @Kymura

Adraps11

3 Year Member
My G. Pulchripes, Chi-Chi, may be molting soon. Her abdomen is pitch black now, and she's shoveling dirt out around the mouth of her hide and laying down webbing inside. Usually she just sits out in the open, so the change has been noted. Though.....when I fill the water dish and some drops hit the webbed eco earth she comes running fangs ready, but last time she ate a cricket the day before she molted.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My G. Pulchripes, Chi-Chi, may be molting soon. Her abdomen is pitch black now, and she's shoveling dirt out around the mouth of her hide and laying down webbing inside. Usually she just sits out in the open, so the change has been noted. Though.....when I fill the water dish and some drops hit the webbed eco earth she comes running fangs ready, but last time she ate a cricket the day before she molted.
my pulchripes does the same thing. Or used to, she stayed buried in her burrow when premolt started this past molt, so i didn't get to see her attack the water splatter. Most of my Ts will attack and kill the prey during premolt, and leave it for dead warning the other bugs to stay away. A few will just slap it so it runs away, easy way to tell when they're starting premolt ;) My LP does the kill and leave it dead, he doesn't darken up like my Brachy's.

syzygy

3 Year Member
I saw that my Nhandu tripepii (~1") was flipped onto a molting mat this AM...can't wait to get back from work later to see how much bigger and hairier it is post molt. Funny too...it ate on Sunday. I don't believe I've ever seen this one refuse a meal. Do some species not have a pre-molt fasting period?

Redacted

3 Year Member
I saw that my Nhandu tripepii (~1") was flipped onto a molting mat this AM...can't wait to get back from work later to see how much bigger and hairier it is post molt. Funny too...it ate on Sunday. I don't believe I've ever seen this one refuse a meal. Do some species not have a pre-molt fasting period?
I think that they all do but varies with age and species.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My teeniest Nhandu chromatus, Tupi, has moulted at some point in the last few days, I spotted the old exo right at the bottom of the vial a couple of days ago but it's still down there.

Then last night I spotted what appeared to be a bit of leg in the web in my Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, Sable's container so I turned the whole terrarium round to find her looking great and she'd rolled her exo into a ball.

Please excuse her poo on the glass

This is her exo