• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange Question

p.matalica

3 Year Member
If you look in the forum in tarantula discussion I have a post up there its under yours it say Bleu ivy& damien I posted pix of them on there I have pix in my media to

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pokies aren't an issue because of aggression their issue is speed. If you respect the animal, you shouldn't have any issues. I do however suggest starting with a cheaper Pokie so that you can see if you like them. I have a bunch of pokies, and believe it or not my P.Metallica are by far my least favorite . I'd suggest starting with a nice cheap regalis, or ornata ,and then making the jump ti the pricey P.Metallica.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Pokies aren't an issue because of aggression their issue is speed. If you respect the animal, you shouldn't have any issues. I do however suggest starting with a cheaper Pokie so that you can see if you like them. I have a bunch of pokies, and believe it or not my P.Metallica are by far my least favorite . I'd suggest starting with a nice cheap regalis, or ornata ,and then making the jump ti the pricey P.Metallica.

Thanks Kenny Ill keep that in mind, I still have to talk this over with mom or dad, they let me bring three into the house (in my room haha) so I have to make sure its okay first!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well I'm selling my p.matalica slings for 75 bucks and the 40 dollars for over nite shipping that's a steal if u ask me

No offense, but you don't have them yet. You have to produce them before you can sell them for $75, and Metallica are not at all easy to breed.
$75 is a fair deal, but if you've never had a pokie before, it's probably better to buy a $20 Regalis, and get used to them before buying a $75 sling.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
A valuable lesson I learnt early on is to never count your slings till they hatch. :)
P.metallicas are also a bit trickier to breed than most of the other pokies. :(

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
To get mine to drop a sac I had to keep her at lower temps compared to my other pokies as well as give her much less water. It also took her much longer to get her to drop, so much more patience needed. Just very different compared to most of the others I have gotten to drop.