• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange Question

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Hey everyone so I have a strange question here, when I try feed Aragon (Male Metallic Pink Toe 3.5") a meal worm or cricket I see him bare his fangs and bit his prey but I don't see any venom extract from his fangs. He hasn't eaten in two weeks, I have been offering food but he bites it then rejects it after that. But two weeks ago he ate fine. I'm so confused....help????:confused:

p.matalica

3 Year Member
My sun tiger was goin that for two months and she died I think she starved her self to death or sumthing the temp was rite the humidity was at 80 Idk Wat happin I came to check on her and she was dead r.I.p jade

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
They wont always inject venom, so you may not always see it dripping from their fangs. Tarantulas only have a certain amount of venom and that is it. They do not reproduce it. So to waste it on something that can easily be killed with just their fangs would be detrimental to their survival in the wild.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
My sun tiger was goin that for two months and she died I think she starved her self to death or sumthing the temp was rite the humidity was at 80 Idk Wat happin I came to check on her and she was dead r.I.p jade

Awe darn I am so sorry to hear that, goodness I would be very upset. R.I.P Jade. :( I hope Aragon doesn't take a turn for the worst.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
They wont always inject venom, so you may not always see it dripping from their fangs. Tarantulas only have a certain amount of venom and that is it. They do not reproduce it. So to waste it on something that can easily be killed with just their fangs would be detrimental to their survival in the wild.

I have heard this on Nat Geo wild and in my books, so I am hoping that is all it is. Just don't want anything to happen to him or any of my T's. Thanks for the advice!

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
could be pre-molt or just not hungry. leave him be for a couple weeks.

See I'm thinking that too, I've heard to some T's going without food for weeks or even months at a time and are alive and well. But I don't know just scares me. If I wake up and see that he has molted I'll jumped up and down. But he hasn't so I am on edge.

p.matalica

3 Year Member
Yea and to this day I don't know the reason she died but I have 4 spiders that are doing real good have not had any problems with them

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Yesterday he was spinning more webs, and crawling around, I cleaned out and refilled his water and in the process he walked over to my hand and climbed right on and went halfway up my arm. He is acting normal I just wish he would eat haha!

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Yep I have a p.regalis I have a Orange star burst baboon and I have two p.matalicas male and female I'm about to breed the p.matalicas

Those are some beauties right there! I want an Indian Ornamental T, so bad!! But I have a Metallic Pink Toe, Chaco Golden Knee, and Salmon Pink Birdeater :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Hmm really?! I want one really bad but I don't know too much about them, I'm still knew to this hobby, I've researched T's for about 2 years before I even bought my first one, or handled one. I know that are a little more advanced than where I stand right now. lol

p.matalica

3 Year Member
I'm new to the hobbyists seen to.lol I did the same thing you did read and did my research I'm spiders two I love ornamental species I.mean I likr other species but my opinion ornamentals are the best .lol they say that beginers shouldn't get ornamentals but i did and I had mines for obliterate a year and I never Ben bit I don't recommend handing them to much only if necessary I think you can handle it I have 5 ornamentals and love them all never Ben bit and I'm a newbie so you will be ok;-)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I'm new to the hobbyists seen to.lol I did the same thing you did read and did my research I'm spiders two I love ornamental species I.mean I likr other species but my opinion ornamentals are the best .lol they say that beginers shouldn't get ornamentals but i did and I had mines for obliterate a year and I never Ben bit I don't recommend handing them to much only if necessary I think you can handle it I have 5 ornamentals and love them all never Ben bit and I'm a newbie so you will be ok;-)

That is awesome! Wow you have five! I really want one, how big do they get? What size enclosure?

p.matalica

3 Year Member
My Sri Lanka is 6.5 inches i think she mite be about done growing but I think about 7 7.5 some were in that ball park remember I'm a newbie to.lol

p.matalica

3 Year Member
Yep any time what you should do is wait into my p.matalica have her egg sack if u want any ornamental that's the one you want and im selling slings for a price you can't beat .did you see the pics of my p.matalicas