• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slings (spiderling)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Power feeding isn't a huge deal considering in the wild they would eat that much as long as the food was around. WHat is the best to power feed. Let me guess. roaches.
When I stated "power feed", I generally meant to feed the T as often as it is accepting your food offering and it is better to have variety. I feed mine daily or until it finishes one mealworm or superworm (tiny ones), which usually takes more than a day for my slings.

When they stopped eating, I don't disturb it until it molts and I am no longer concerned of the time it takes to complete its molting process. :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
that's the hardest thing for us. The wait for molt. I've finally forced myself to quit checking multiple times a day. Trying to get my son to do that also lol. We disturb them enough filling the water dishes. So that's when i check now. Feed and water, check the Ts, then remove any food uneaten a few hours later at bedtime.

DewDrop

3 Year Member
When I stated "power feed", I generally meant to feed the T as often as it is accepting your food offering and it is better to have variety. I feed mine daily or until it finishes one mealworm or superworm (tiny ones), which usually takes more than a day for my slings.

When they stopped eating, I don't disturb it until it molts and I am no longer concerned of the time it takes to complete its molting process. :D

That is right.. exactly..

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't had one of mine molt yet so I'm still anxious. My son's GBB has molted 4 times already and getting ready for #5. So with him it's like. Hey he's in premolt, awesome leave him alone for a week. Lol

DewDrop

3 Year Member
I am thinking that is fabulous I don't have to even check in on the avi to entice it with a nibble for a couple weeks perhaps 3. Both in premolt. What fantastic pets. The little one can play in it's substrate for at least a week perhaps a week and a half without having to be checked on. Fantastic. They can just be there you know like nice room decor. Easiest pet, ever.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am thinking that is fabulous I don't have to even check in on the avi to entice it with a nibble for a couple weeks perhaps 3. Both in premolt. What fantastic pets. The little one can play in it's substrate for at least a week perhaps a week and a half without having to be checked on. Fantastic. They can just be there you know like nice room decor. Easiest pet, ever.
Some yes.

I think fish are the easiest though. Beta - you change the water one a month and feed it. Don't have to worry about humidity or whatnot. It dies you go spend $5.99 for another, no big.

I'll be pretty upset if I lose a T. You bond with them in a way.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I make a point of spending time with them each day, I enjoy them and watching them. Slings are the best when they are busy, almost look forward to rehousing them just because I know they are going to amuse me with their burrowing and webbing for a day or so.:)

Latest posts