• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

shopping list for beginners tarantulas at my fisrt T show?

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Whitelightning777 thank you, I remember you saying about the bathtub before and I think it’s something I will do from now on, if nothing else if one did make a run for it you can it back with less risk of injury to the spider than if it ran on a table and then the panic of trying to capture it so safer for the spider and for me, I’m sure they can detect far more movement than we know, afterall my acanthuscurria will sit for hours motionless with her feet spread out waiting for a tiny movement from a burrowed down roach, I think the bathtub has benefits of the mote and also a bright environment to work in and fewer tricky surfaces to recapture if necessary.
O.k so ski mask, safety goggles, rubber gloves, apron, tongs and pots, o.k, that’s fine.. at least I won’t look abnormal then;):)
Thank you, i did think how good it would be to know a T buddy, someone in person that could show me the finer points of handling or transferring but that wouldn’t be possible as I live in a fairly remote place but the forum here is actually far far better, tried and tested and honed techniques so I really appreciate hearing about all the methods people use.
Thanks!

This is actually an old world T, but the same principals apply.

I hope this helps. H pulchripes is very capable of teleporting when they get upset. They aren't an aggressive spider, just quick to run.

Latest posts